Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy men's earrings online?

Options
  • 19-04-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Got my ear pierced a little over a year ago (see pic for location) and was wondering does anyone know of any good websites to buy new rings on as I'm bored of the plain silver-balled earring.

P190409_0146.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

www.bodyartforms.com is your best bet i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

Thanks for that Will, realy liking the site.

Only one problem, I have absolutely no idea what the diameter and all that stuff for the ring I have is. I remember the first time I tried to get it pierced I was told they didnt have the right size ring, so I had to come back a few weeks later when they had the right ring, but they never said what size it was.

Can anybody tell from the pic what size etc. it is?

Thanks.

PS,if it helps any bit I was pierced with a needle not a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

If you pop back into the piercer they will be able to tell you what size it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

Ok I've found a few I think I'd like.
    @-LaLa- : The piercer is in Limerick, I got it done when I was in college last year and dont live there anymore, so i cant go back to him, and the only piercing places around here are a pharmacy and Claire's Accessories, and since they use a gun I dont think they'd know what gauge my piercing is.

Just another question for people, is there any easy way of opening a CBR without the special pliers?

Thanks in advance for the info guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Your piercing looks to be about 1.6mm, but don't take it as gospel, I'm not too sure.

Depending on how tight the ball is and largely on the guage of the ring, they can be difficult to remove without the pliers. What I do is grab the ring itself with one hand and hold it tightly, while holding the ball in the other, then try to twist the ball in one direction (sideways, not the way it's able to twist!) while pulling the ring in the other direction, if it's really tight it can be sore on your fingers though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

practice, practice, practice is the only way youl get em on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Latex gloves can help too.

Advertisement