Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea how much CS/PS pay scale increments will cost?

Options
  • 19-04-2009 11:26pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much CS/PS increments will cost this year? I'm not referring to the NWA but to the pay increases within each level.

The trouble with trying to calculate it is of course there are a variety of different pay scales and increments across the PS (although only two within the CS depending on when you started). Early years I believe there's an increment each year (and a bigger % of your current wage), but then in later years it's less regular and there is a cap. Gardai I think plateau at one wage for about 5 years but EOs in the CS are consistently increased for a fair number. Then again the average age in the CS is quite high so I'd suspect many are at the top end of their pay scales.

So with all the complexity in mind, does anyone have an idea how much would be saved if we froze increments? As much as you could sympathise with the pension levy it's offset a little by the concept there will be pay increases for a fair few within the year. How much could we save if we introduced a flat out pay cut with no "pay increase" until times are better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Don't have an answer for your query, but lecturers in UCC at least are frozen increments wise at the moment. It happened during the 80s as well I believe.

Advertisement