Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waveriders movie

Options
  • 19-04-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Can't believe there doesn't appear to be a thread about this already... anyhoo...

Has anyone seen this yet? Is it worth checking out? I'm not actually a big fan of surf movies but maybe this one is cool ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

yeah its a pretty good surf movie with great footage of some of the irish breaks. i dont know if a non surfer would appreciate it though. i went to see it with the gf and she fell asleep during it, she surfs too but not that much

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

great movie. Was more orientated around the surfers rather than the surf i think. Last sequence was breathtaking as was that one scene of the surfer turning and paddling last minute for a wave at Aileens. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

I thought it was a great show, well worth seeing it, if you dont enjoy it at least your supporting some irish tallent and production. Everyone i know that saw it loved it, surfers and non surfers a like.
    i'l second it: the end sceene is truely awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Really well made... but to be honest I found it pretty boring...

The whole theme of it was a bit, i don't know, slow, and boring
    But if you are to compare it to any other irish production, it blows em out of the water.

have to agree with above, the last 10 mins or so is amazing... great footage of Mullagmore. Tis well worth goin to see, just for those scenes on the big screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Won tickets for it and couldn go and ended up givin them to the ex. i know i know your all thinkin what a nice guy i am..

Anyways wish i went as i heard it was savage good. I know richie fitz for yrs from growing up in fundoran and was glad to see them get the movie finished last year as they were waitin ages to get the final scenes from mullaghmore. Looks like im waiting for it to come out on the ould DVD now..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

is it not in the cinema anymore??****!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 idontbelieveit

http://www.waveridersthefilm.com/in-cinemas/

Still in the Lighthouse in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Went to see it last year at the Jameson Film Festival. I thought it was amazing, had a great insight into the history of surfing in Ireland and yeah the footage of Aileens.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭theCaffers

great movie - but more Irish music needed - went a bit american there. illustrations were amazing as a storytelling medium

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Saw it last weekend and was not blown away. As said, the Aileen's and Mullach mor scenes are amazing, but apart from that, I found it a bit slow and tedious. They went on about the George Feeth character for too long in my opinion. Unfortunately I had seen those molloy brothers before in another surf movie and it was the same old same old. Good cameo by Kelly Slater though.

All in all I would say if you have seen some of the better surf movies - Step into liquid, Riding Giants etc, you are going to be underwhelmed by this as it covers very similar stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i saw it when it came out its is good(im not a surfer iv been a few times trying to get into it more) but they spend way too much time talking about that guy from hawaii and not enough time on modern day surfing

you have probably all seen this already but power of three is online here

http://relentlessenergy.com/films/view/powers-of-three

and is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Jaya Van Maele

Prettty Cool Movie supprised it made it to mayo (not saying its crap just surfing is,nt big round here ) Ya class movie

Goes in to a lot of detail I learned more about surfing than i had in 3 Years......
    But its more about were it all started.... than Tricks /off the lip cut backs and stuff....

Cool thing is that it has interviews with Kelly slater and loads more surfers But sadly Not our Westport surfer Fergal smith<<Hes Class was in the carve video 3 months ago!

Ya go watch this movie Its worth every euro

Any body surfen around achill (kelli beach)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

where was it on in mayo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Jaya Van Maele

lg123 wrote: »
    where was it on in mayo?
    Oh it was on in mayomovieworld in castlebar for show times this is there page
    www.mayomovieworld.net

But hurry because it won,t stay long because its mostly empty

Advertisement