Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

memory upgrade gone wrong

Options
  • 19-04-2009 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

I Put an extra 2 gigs of ram into my old dell dimension 8400 (had 2*256mb put in 2*1gig in empty slots) today booted it up everything was working fine started playing a video paused it went away for a while, when i came back the computer was frozen, turned it off turned it back on the lights come on the hard drive makes the usual noise when it turns on etc but then the fan for the power supply keeps getting faster and faster and really loud so i get scared and turn it off.
    after a few tries of the same thing happening i put in just one of the old ram sticks and the memory has changed screen press f1 to continue comes on o forgot to connect the keyboard so i turned it off and connected the keyboard but now back to the crazy fan, it kind of accelerates gets really loud and then i turn it off because im scared itll blow up or something.

Any ideas?

Comments

Advertisement