Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do the gov get??

Options
  • 20-04-2009 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

While wandering though my latest 5 dayminute crave, I was looking on IrishHealth.com at a smoking cost calculator.
    It's the usual,how much are they, how many a day do you smoke .

It told me the cost per year is over €3,000 for the privilege, but underneath was an interesting point "The Government take just under 80 per cent of what you pay for your cigarettes in taxes!"

Now that I didn't know, I hadn't realised they took that much, about €6.70 per day in taxes from me.

I now know the cause of the recession, it's because we've all given up smoking, that's why there's a tax deficit
    bouldwhacker, it's all your fault. You encouraged us :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I now know the cause of the recession, it's because we've all given up smoking, that's why there's a tax deficit
    bouldwhacker, it's all your fault. You encouraged us :D

LOL! True!
    What if overnight every smoker suddenly stopped?!
    Thats a huge loss in profit for the goverment.:pac:

Advertisement