Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet bill- 113 euro for one month

Options
  • 20-04-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

02 broadband .. :mad: How can that be possible? I deliberately didn't download anything so that the bill would be low :mad: Last months was 110.. wth?

And yes I know I started a thread about vodaphone broadband earlier(that wasnt for me)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you login to "My Account" on www.o2.ie you should be able to see how much you have downloaded and what the extra charges are for.

- Did you go over the 10GB?
    - Did you make any calls or send any SMS with the SIM?
    - Did you use the broadband on any network other than O2 Ireland (e.g. while in NI / UK or elsewhere?)

You say you didn't download anything. Every time a web page is displayed on your screen you are "downloading" it. This is the same for browsing youtube videos, iTunes, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

what on earth are people up to????????

are you talking about 02 on your phone/laptop/desktop?

It is getting a bit tiresome reading about B T etc throtelling down,hugh bills by isp,s and many posters being oh so shocked.

read the small print,make a call,get the salespersons name and keep a record of the time and date you called the isp.

some members will not do the donkey work themselves but expect other members to do it for them!

before anybody signs up to a twelve month contract at least be aware of exactly what it is going to cost and what they considor fair usage.

at that price for a month you either abused your allowance,they have made a billing error,they are rip off merchants or simply the whole thing has got out of hand.

I would not pay it and damn the consequences,but are you giving us all the facts?

Random wrote: »
    If you login to "My Account" on www.o2.ie you should be able to see how much you have downloaded and what the extra charges are for.

- Did you go over the 10GB?
    - Did you make any calls or send any SMS with the SIM?
    - Did you use the broadband on any network other than O2 Ireland (e.g. while in NI / UK or elsewhere?)

You say you didn't download anything. Every time a web page is displayed on your screen you are "downloading" it. This is the same for browsing youtube videos, iTunes, etc.

Random,our posts overlapped,so it is a phone?

It is totally crazy to pay that dont you think for acessing the net unless for buisness reasons,it may be cool in the eyes of some ?

plain stupid to most though:(

02 stores do have very large windows!

what on earth are people up to????????

are you talking about 02 on your phone/laptop/desktop?

It is getting a bit tiresome reading about B T throtelling down,hugh bills by isp,s and many posters being oh so shocked.

read the small print,make a call,get the salespersons name and keep a record of the time and date you called the isp.

some members will not do the donkey work themselves but expect other members to do it for them!

before anybody signs up to a twelve month contract at least be aware of exactly what it is going to cost and what they considor fair usage.

at that price for a month you either abused your allowance,they have made a billing error,they are rip off merchants or simply the whole thing has got out of hand.

I would not pay it and damn the consequences,but are you giving us all the facts?

Advertisement