Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do any guys find the idea of the Ladie,s lounge offensive?

Options
  • 20-04-2009 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

I read its core values and I did!why the need for a ladies Lounge and why not a gentlemans lounge so?I found the sticky a bit agressive and an implied assumption that guys by their nature would naturally be offensive to women.

I would suggest this is almost a reverse form of sexism,any rude,disparaging or downright creepy remarks by posters who happen to be male could easily be treated on an equal footing to abuse in any of the threads here.

Quite frankly as a male i found it offensive to read in parts and as prejudiced(pre-judgement)if not more, than much i have read here on boards.ie

I may be posting this in the wrong area,I apologise if so.

thank you
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ynotdu wrote: »
    I read its core values and I did!why the need for a ladies Lounge and why not a gentlemans lounge so?

The 'gentlemens' lounge is here
    I would suggest this is almost a reverse form of sexism,any rude,disparaging or downright creepy remarks by posters who happen to be male could easily be treated on an equal footing to abuse in any of the threads here.

Quite frankly as a male i found it offensive to read in parts and as prejudiced(pre-judgement)if not more, than much i have read here on boards.ie

I'm guess that the rules were placed in that forum due to some of the crap the it attracted.
    I may be posting this in the wrong area,I apologise if so.

You are. The Help Desk if for a specific complaint.
    As you would appear to be looking to discuss feedback on the way a forum is run, I'm moving this to the Feedback forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Beruthiel wrote: »
    The 'gentlemens' lounge is here

I'm guess that the rules were placed in that forum due to some of the crap the it attracted.

You are. The Help Desk if for a specific complaint.
    As you would appear to be looking to discuss feedback on the way a forum is run, I'm moving this to the Feedback forum.

not on the way a forum is run,specifly the ladies lounge sticky.
    I could not find the gentlemens lounge so thank you.

I am assuming when you say "some of the crap it attracted"You are not referring to my post?

If you are just forget it as discussion of it would be pointless it seems.frankly i do not see the need for either seperate threads,its only a myth that women are from venus and men from mars.beer guts and receding hairlines????????????? is the gentlemens lounge.wow love the equality of respect as a name equal to the ladies lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Oh god, you are such a moany little person arent you. Its just the internet like. Calm down.
    And as for the need for seperate threads. Obviously, theres no need, and thats why women are allowed post in BGRH and men are allowed to post in The Ladies Lounge.
    The Ladies Lounge is only there for women to talk about woman related topics. Men are welcome to talk about it too.

*adele* wrote: »
    Oh god, you are such a moany little person arent you. Its just the internet like. Calm down.
    And as for the need for seperate threads. Obviously, theres no need, and thats why women are allowed post in BGRH and men are allowed to post in The Ladies Lounge.
    The Ladies Lounge is only there for women to talk about woman related topics. Men are welcome to talk about it too.

boards.ie just nosedived into the gutter in My moany books,you moany rude excuse for a moderater..............byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

oh your not a mod guess your just a moaney little woman so??????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

I'm not a mod, you absolute genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

boards.ie just nosedived into the gutter in My moany books,you moany rude excuse for a moderater..............byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'd stop there, you've already made a fool of yourself enough

a genious?wow thank you! now i think you should be a mod!

hussey wrote: »
    I'd stop there, you've already made a fool of yourself enough

ok hussey,does your nickname imply what people think it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bbbed2window265.jpg

That is a window. Any point you *may* have had just went right out it.

Yours,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

ok hussey,does your nickname imply what people think it does?

Wow, and there i was thinking Hussey was a fan of The Mission, or The Sisters. :D

I feel so very very let down now. :(

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    bbbed2window265.jpg

That is a window. Any point you *may* have had just went right out it.

Yours,

all green beautiful and warm looking,and yes it was a serious point that went screwball

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Wow, and there i was thinking Hussey was a fan of The Mission, or The Sisters. :D

I feel so very very let down now. :(

I see you mod pro wrestling so i too much a coward to try be clever with you!:eek:

hit kevin not me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

gheti2ov6x1hej25ahud.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I read its core values and I did!why the need for a ladies Lounge and why not a gentlemans lounge so?I found the sticky a bit agressive and an implied assumption that guys by their nature would naturally be offensive to women.
    The reviewed Charter arose as a result of the Feedback from this thread. If it seems aggressive it's simply because it needed to be. I'd rather not give anything less than a welcoming, open impression in tLL but unfortunately...
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    ...this is bang on. We tried the softly, softly approach and guys took advantage of it. So we modified it and so far the Feedback from the forum target audience (i.e. women) has been overwhelmingly positive so as far as we're concerned, we're doing a good job.

We will continue to take on board the Feedback from everyone who uses the forum and feel free to add your point in the dedicated tLL Feedback thread linked to above, but priority will be given to the points made by the aforementioned women of tLL.

Yours,

g'em
    - channeling the Monday morning vibe.

seems as if i chose the wrong time to give up weed,alcohol,cigarettes,valium anti-depressants acid coke heroin..............:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

longest 30 seconds of your life, right? right? am i right? guys am I right?

o/

nailed it again, teebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dude, if you have a suggestion for a Forum, you don't complain there isn't one on Feedback, you go here and suggest one.

If you had even looked at the forum you'd have seen my topic on the subject. Please visit now and show your support.

Btw, the idea that BGRH is the "gentlemen's lounge" is a load of crap. It's a themed social forum for a certain type of person. It has nothing to do with men's issues or discussion of life from a male point of view.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I would suggest this is almost a reverse form of sexism,

Nigel: Well so what? What's wrong with being sexy? I mean there's no....
    Ian: Sex-ist.
    David: -ist, not sexy.

Ian: Because he's the victim. Their objections were that she was the victim. You see?
    Derek: I see....
    Nigel: Oh...
    David: Ah....
    Ian: That's alright, if the singer's the victim, it's different. It's not sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Btw, the idea that BGRH is the "gentlemen's lounge" is a load of crap. It's a themed social forum for a certain type of person. It has nothing to do with men's issues or discussion of life from a male point of view.

I think it was suggested in jest, with tongue firmly in cheek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

faceman wrote: »
    Nigel: Well so what? What's wrong with being sexy? I mean there's no....
    Ian: Sex-ist.
    David: -ist, not sexy.

Ian: Because he's the victim. Their objections were that she was the victim. You see?
    Derek: I see....
    Nigel: Oh...
    David: Ah....
    Ian: That's alright, if the singer's the victim, it's different. It's not sexist.

such a fine line between clever and........stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

With the exception of Dragan getting in touch with his feminine side, guys posting in TLL is just weird and creepy, so you (OP) as a man, shouldn't be too worried unless of course you're weird and creepy.

There's some logic for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the laides lounge was st up in counter point to bgrh at the start and has moved into being a more general forum like AH but with out the fúckwittery and lads humour which is prevelant in AH. It'd remit is more specific then AH as it is a forum for women to discuss
    matters about being women.

Yes there is the men's health forum, there is bgrh and AH where a lot of women do ot feel comfortable posting but there is no men's specific forum.

So if you think there is a need for a general mans forum propose one.

Tbh I think there needs to be a general discussion for grown ups which is not AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

BAM!!

Goddammit, that was my third sarcasm detector this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rb wrote: »
    With the exception of Dragan getting in touch with his feminine side, guys posting in TLL is just weird and creepy
    Matter of opinion - I don't think it is at all. Plenty of guys, along with Dragan, offer some great contributions in there. In fact I think they all seem quite attractive, not weird and creepy.
    Typing intelligent stuff is SO much more appealing than the "I'm da maaaaan" shyte on AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Dudess wrote: »
    Matter of opinion - I don't think it is at all. Plenty of guys, along with Dragan, offer some great contributions in there. In fact I think they all seem quite attractive, not weird and creepy.
    Typing intelligent stuff is SO much more appealing than the "I'm da maaaaan" shyte on AH.

I agree. While I don't frequent tLL any more, I don't see what could be construed as creepy. Yes, there are certain, ahem, feminine specific topics that perhaps us men are best kept well away from, but for more general stuff, it helps getting a male perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Rb wrote: »
    With the exception of Dragan getting in touch with his feminine side, guys posting in TLL is just weird and creepy, so you (OP) as a man, shouldn't be too worried unless of course you're weird and creepy.

There's some logic for ya.
    I give this effort at trolling a B+

I docked marks for obviousness

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow. Words fail me.

Thankfully the lock-script wont.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement