Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you wanna be in my gang?

Options
  • 20-04-2009 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I see Balbriggan has a new infamous resident. :( It's a pity that the laws here are so lax in the sense that your movement and where you live can be restricted and monitored in the UK, but in Ireland you can work at a school and move next to one if you like, regardless of anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Seriously? Where did you hear this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

What? Where? When? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Saw the man himself with my own eyes on Saturday morning with a rather burly American man (minder?) as they walked past the hotel down the main street. I was 100% positive who it was, but later in the day I also heard it off a local business owner which really confirmed it. unmissable with the accent and the little Ming the merciless goatee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Heard this as well.He was in the Bracken Court..Lock up your kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Any idea where abouts?
    Just general location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

bcmf wrote: »
    Heard this as well.He was in the Bracken Court..Lock up your kids.

Would prefer he got locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

I don't know who your talking about =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Hauk wrote: »
    I don't know who your talking about =/

Google the thread title. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

100gSoma wrote: »
    I see Balbriggan has a new infamous resident. :( It's a pity that the laws here are so lax in the sense that your movement and where you live can be restricted and monitored in the UK, but in Ireland you can work at a school and move next to one if you like, regardless of anything.

When you say resident it implies something more than a weekend away in the lovely Balbriggan. Is there any suggestion that this is anything other than a fleeting visit?

Given that if he were to move to Balbriggan it would be in an attempt to hide away, and he has made no effort to be discreet or inconspicuous, it seems unlikely that this is more than a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

This is insane! Any word on if it is full time or just a visit? Any more sightings?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i heard he's dj'ing at the under 18's. dont know how true that is though

wow sierra wrote: »
    When you say resident it implies something more than a weekend away in the lovely Balbriggan. Is there any suggestion that this is anything other than a fleeting visit?

Well he has stated his intention to "settle" in Ireland. This was covered extensively in the media in Sept. 2008. I don't see why anyone would be on a "fleeting visit" to Balbriggan. Its not the kind of place you go for a night? I suspect he is over scouting areas to settle. I had assumed he would hide in the west somewhere. Guess not. As for him not hiding, why would he. No news of the world types following him around here so he is delighted with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No news of the world types following him around here so he is delighted with himself.

You can be sure that the Irish prints of the red-tops will be sure to make a big deal of it when the get wind of it.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    You can be sure that the Irish prints of the red-tops will be sure to make a big deal of it when the get wind of it.

Pity there is none on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There are plenty of hacks digging about boards regularly. I know of one that pops in & out of DCN frequently. The Fingal Indo also has reported on one thread that appeared here last year.

You never can tell who is lurking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Good god. No, wait. Bad god :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Crispo

If anybody hears anything more, be sure to post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

While I do hate getting in the way of a good old fashioned witch hunt, AFAIK there is a gentleman who works in the Milestone who sports a Glitteresque slaphead/white goatee combo. Perhaps this was the gent who the OP spotted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love this board and the rumours and gossip.

I would have no idea what goes on around here,whether true or not otherwise;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if this is just a spoof. Surely one of the national newspapers would be on to this by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Saw the man himself with my own eyes on Saturday morning with a rather burly American man (minder?) as they walked past the hotel down the main street. I was 100% positive who it was, but later in the day I also heard it off a local business owner which really confirmed it. unmissable with the accent and the little Ming the merciless goatee.

I saw the two guys described above on Tuesday evening walking past Harveys. I only took notice of them cos I had read this thread. I wouldn't have recognised him at all (if it is him) even with the goatee but then I was across the road.

Was he wearing a hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Is this actually true??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Pics or its a lie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

The guy I saw had a long coat on and a baseball cap. He was very small in height and quite skinny.

Apparently the Star on Sunday were sniffing around the town on Wednesday. Wonder if they found him or have given up looking.

For those of you suggesting its a local gentleman or perhaps I'm mistaken, I am not. Seriously. No spoof, it was 110% him. heard of someone else too. And I did actually take a picture to show friends, but you cannot see his face. The reasons I know it was him was that his minder the big fella had a REALLY thick american accent, and Gary had an English accent. They stood out like a sore thumb. Plus he looked exactly like he does on the news. Small, beady eyes, goatee beard ming style. No doubt at all it was him. I don't know if he is passing through or staying in
    the hotel for one night or 3 nights or a month. Or if he is looking for a house in Balbriggan. But... he is planning to settle here by his own admission. Here is the picture. It's of no proof I know, but anyhow...

edit: btw, after re-reading the thread, I can see some of you think its a spoof or what not. but seriously, no reason to spoof at all. I'm sure its only a matter of time before a few people spot him if he is still in town anyway. I'm defo certain its him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

In fairness, that photo could be anyone ... it could even be me. There's no way to identify anyone. Why not just walk up in front of him and take a photo? Nothing wrong with doing that (nothing illegal either about it).

Paulw wrote: »
    In fairness, that photo could be anyone ... it could even be me. There's no way to identify anyone. Why not just walk up in front of him and take a photo? Nothing wrong with doing that (nothing illegal either about it).

I dunno. Not my sort of thing. His minder probably would not have been to happy about that either. If he is still there in town he will be seen now anyway. The Sun have picked up the details of this thread anyway.

The Sun page 11 Saturday 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I dunno. Not my sort of thing. His minder probably would not have been to happy about that either. If he is still there in town he will be seen now anyway. The Sun have picked up the details of this thread anyway.

The Sun page 11 Saturday 25th.

Well, if it's in The Sun, it must be true, right??? :rolleyes: I'd personally believe the Beano before I'd believe The Sun. That's just me though.

As for photographs, not much his minder can do, other than try to block your view. He can't stop you taking photos, nor can he touch you. If he is a minder, he would be well aware of that.

Advertisement