Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you wanna be in my gang?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Yeah, the Sun is a rag of course, but at least more people will be aware now so its inevitable he will be seen if still staying in the town. Time will tell now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

In fairness, the Sun didn't exactly report is as a truth, they just regurgitated what's on this thread, word for word in parts.

The best bit in the article was saying that a Garda spokeman had said that all registered sex beasts should notify authorities :D When did An Garda Síochána become so lax with their language, eh Fergus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

the sun were around the town last week asking in the local shops if anyone knew/had seen mr glam rock. And apparently quite a few people have seen him around and about now - including my mate who saw him in Supervalu!! so either he has a double, and a lot of people are mistaken or it is indeed him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

I read this thread for the last few days and I got a bit of a sick feeling reading it as I think that people are seriously mistaken thinking that the person they've spotted is Gary Glitter.

I hadn't been online over last few days but just logged in and seen the photo of "him" and realised that I was right in thinking its not him at all.

I am nearly certain that it is someone that lives in Balbriggan very very close to where I live who is a very nice man, and when he moved into the area about 7 months ago I was convinced it was him too but obv its not!
    He is a ringer for him when he has the hat on but I dont think its him.

I would hate for people to see this local man and presume its that disgusting human being and maybe attack him or worse.

So just want to make sure people are 100% certain that its right person before maybe shouting abuse and that!

If I am wrong and it is Gary Glitter then I'll be just as angry as rest of you that he could be living in Balbriggan but I really get the feeling its a case of mistaken identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

hi Suzieb, I'm pretty sure I know who you are on about. It wa snot that particular local man.
    Plus coupled with the strong american accent of the minder who was tlaking about how all the "hotels in Dublin along the highway are like this" or some such thing, plus the very English accent on the other individual I am positive I did not mistake a local for this man. I know nobody wants to believe it and thinks its beyond possibility its him. but I mean seriously guys, he said he intended to move here, possibly the only place he won't get hassle. I'm sure it was him. Obviously it will take a few more people to be sure too before its accepted. maybe he is gone from the town already anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Hi 100gsoma,

I dont mean to be rude saying I think you are lying if thats how it came across, but just I'm pretty convinced its not him, and think it is a neighbour of mine who always carries a bag,always has a cap on and has the beard on his chin also and is really like him.

He is also not from ireland and would have a distinctive accent so thats why I think it could be mistaken identity. I'm gonna actually ask him tomorrow when I see him if thats him in the photo- just to get things straight for myself even cos dont wanna take the steam off glitter if he was here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 williamsjos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 northsidetype

glitter_01_0305_37584a.jpg

He looks like this now. I would have thought "Rolf Harris" if I saw him myself.

Advertisement