Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing Bank

Options
  • 20-04-2009 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Anyone know if those big yellow clothing banks across the road from Riverpoint are still there?

I wanna dispatch some clothes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

I think they are gone.There is a place on the old park road beside Musgraves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Mill Road behind Scoil Ide is your place, be careful tho, thing nearly took the hand off me once!! They need to be emptied for the last 6 months :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

B1977 wrote: »
    I think they are gone.There is a place on the old park road beside Musgraves
    Liam79 wrote: »
    Mill Road behind Scoil Ide is your place, be careful tho, thing nearly took the hand off me once!! They need to be emptied for the last 6 months :mad:

Cheers lads, I checked by riverpoint earlier and they were gone. I am also heading by Old Park road in few mins , if not I will try mill road later on today.

Thanks

Will

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I know this isn't your side of town, but for any others, there are 2 clothing banks at the Superquinn, where the delivery trucks entrance is, and also a new one at Monaleen Stores.

I know this isn't your side of town, but for any others, there are 2 clothing banks at the Superquinn, where the delivery trucks entrance is, and also a new one at Monaleen Stores.
    Damn lol, I was out there earlier:(

Yup none at the place on the old Park road.

Check Mill Road tomorrow or maybe superquinn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

the old park road has them,you have to go past the bottle banks and turn left inside the gates,closed around 5.there is a place at scoil ide,but always full

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could always donate to one of the charity shops in town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

There has been 2 clothing banks added to already fairly good recycling centre at the roxboro shopping centre. If coming from the roxboro rd side enterance take an immediate right at the rounabout upon entering the complex...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Personally I have issues with these bins after seeing countless BBC documentaries details how the clothes are sold to eastern European ganags who then sell on the clothes at a profit ‘back home’. When in Dublin I donate most of my unused items to the Women’s refuge in Renelagh – as most women and kids just turn up here they are grateful for any donations, clothes, bed linen, toys, book etc. When not in Dublin I try to find a cancer society shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

If your old clothing can be recycled then there's a facility on the dock road, just after the cement factory heading towards Clarina. They charge €5 for a full car load of "stuff" and are open each day from 10am to 5pm except Mondays and Sundays. Click here for a list of what they will take.

• Advertisement

Delphi91 wrote: »
    If your old clothing can be recycled then there's a facility on the dock road, just after the cement factory heading towards Clarina. They charge €5 for a full car load of "stuff" and are open each day from 10am to 5pm except Mondays and Sundays. Click here for a list of what they will take.
    Jebus thats a great deal there Delphi, certainly worth looking in to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Personally I have issues with these bins after seeing countless BBC documentaries details how the clothes are sold to eastern European ganags who then sell on the clothes at a profit ‘back home’. When in Dublin I donate most of my unused items to the Women’s refuge in Renelagh – as most women and kids just turn up here they are grateful for any donations, clothes, bed linen, toys, book etc. When not in Dublin I try to find a cancer society shop
    I seen the documentaries. they are regarding the flyers you get in the door. you leave a yellow bin bag full of clothes outside and they collect them. this leads to arms deals somewhere down the line in africa. mad alright. the clothes banks are fine though. they do actually get donated. the only problem is them dirty travellers are always inside the one in superquinn. one goes head first in while another holds his legs and another catches the clothes. they're the same as the feckin romanians. smelly but pirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Sorry digging up an old thread lads but I don't want to start another.
    I have a bag of stuff I want to recycle, can anyone tell me where I will definitely find a clothes recycling bank now? I check by city hall where I knew there was one years ago but its gone.

Thanks
    irish

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

There is 2 or 3 in childers rd shopping centre near kentucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Great, thanks for that. I travel that way frequemtly enough anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

On the dock rd after the first Topaz,also Advance tyre on the ennis rd has two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Irish - the clothing recycling centre is still there in the Mungret facility and it's still €5 for a car load. Drive into the yard and go left around the different recycle containers- it's up at the back left hand corner.

:D

still closed Sundays and Monday's tho!

Advertisement