Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLC Please!

Options
  • 20-04-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hey ladies. (and guys)
    I need some sympathy and love!
    I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday
    I haven't told anyone yet so i guess i felt i had to tell someone because it doesn't really feel real yet.
    We were together for 3 years and it's been nearly 5 years since i've been single so it's a little strange.
    I had the crying session that physically hurt yesterday and haven't cried much since.
    It's gonna be hard and weird for a while
    Especially since he's saying he still wants to see as much of me as he did when we were together.
    He's already asked if he can see me tonight.
    I'm not ready for that yet so he thinks that means i'm cutting hom out of my life and never want to see him again.

I'm not posting in relationship issues coz it's not really an issue. It's just the end of an era.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

aw you poor thing, breakups are crappy :(

but tell your friends. let them look after you & help you. & cry your heart out if you need to.
    phi3 wrote: »
    It's gonna be hard and weird for a while

it will be, but it does get easier eventually
    Especially since he's saying he still wants to see as much of me as he did when we were together.
    I'm not ready for that yet so he thinks that means i'm cutting hom out of my life and never want to see him again.
    sounds like a bad idea. a breakup is a breakup and theres no point dragging it out really, it only prolongs the pain.
    do whats best for YOU. if you really want to see him tonight then do (though i think it might be a bad idea) but dont do it just because he wants to. be selfish & think about yourself & what you want.

get some friends over, drink some wine, eat some chocolate - far better option! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

*hug*

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

*hugs and sympathy and choccies*

I'm sure you're not looking for advice, but I really think you shouldn't see him for a while - it'll prolong this and you'll end up basically going through this a few more times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

bluewolf wrote: »
    *hugs and sympathy and choccies*

I'm sure you're not looking for advice, but I really think you shouldn't see him for a while - it'll prolong this and you'll end up basically going through this a few more times.

Ya i think it's for the best if i don't. I need time to get used to it in my head. He doesn't seem to understand that though.
    Maybe he will when he has time to think. haven't heard from him since anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dont see him, if its over its over, and you'll only cause more heartache for yourself if you agree to. Then the inevitable 'can we get back together' type conversations / arguments will happen, and the whole thing will be so much harder to get through, and take a lot longer.

Cheer up, get yourself out with your friends, do things you haven't been able to do maybe, smile, and know that you're the sweetest girl in the world, and deserve everything thats good, nice, cuddly and cute to help you smile even more :)

Get chocolate & wine - they always help! (if most of my lady friends are to be believed!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement