Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese restaurant?

• 20-04-2009 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for your thoughts on the best Chinese restaurant in Dublin city centre?

I guess the best will be some of the ones in Parnell St?

Something not too pricey or an early-bird deal

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My personal favourite is the Hilan Chinese and Korean restaurant on Capel Street. (Link on my blog).

I've also recently eaten in the Fortuna Sichuan restaurant on Parnell Street - it's much more traditional so if you're not used to very traditional food, then it may be best left for later (link)

The best Chinese in the middle of town is the Good World on George's Street. - very nice and it also does Dim Sum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Tried Hilan last night. Very enjoyable and good value too. Well worth a visit. Any other Capel Street/Parnell Street Asian restaurants worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Try Jade on Mary St. They have a good selection of the usual suspects but ask for the traditional Chinese menu. Don't be intimidated as the staff are very friendly and, in an effort to get people to try actual Chinese food, will explain things to you and answer questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

I'll second Jade - their dishes are yummy and authentic, and thankfully MSG-free. The Ma Po Tofu reminds me of home :)

Advertisement