Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberries

Options
  • 20-04-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if it's too late to transfers Strawberrie plants from small post to bigger pots. I am worried that moving them might set them back for this year. any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't think so - I bought a tray of them 2 weeks ago and only potted them up yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

Me too. Just moved mine to a new location last week and flowers have begun to appear since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

i just got an alottment and want to plant strawberrys. how many plants would i need to plant on a raised bed of say 2sq metres. would i need to protect them from birds or slugs. all sorts of advice welcomed. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

suey71 wrote: »
    i just got an alottment and want to plant strawberrys. how many plants would i need to plant on a raised bed of say 2sq metres. would i need to protect them from birds or slugs. all sorts of advice welcomed. thanks

chicken wire around!
    the other morning i found 2 hares chomping on mine :mad:

my own fault really, I had left the fence down over night after doing some tidying up on the bed.

they will eat anything!!

Advertisement