Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Office Destroys Clarina

• 20-04-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Apologies, its going to be difficult to type this as my stomach is sick and churning and my eyeballs are bleeding........

I drove through Clarina in the direction of Limerick on Saturday last and I have never seen as much poured concrete, randomly scattered eyesore buildings, and such large scale plain ugly moronic development in my life.

- County Council planning Office idiots need to have their white sticks broken off their stupid heads ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i dont think it was the planning office i think it was the recession...there were actually plans to build quite a nice village there......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

i dont think it was the planning office i think it was the recession...there were actually plans to build quite a nice village there......

The irony is that there used to be quite a nice village there.....

- Don't think it was the recession - just plain old fashioned greed.

Those eyesore buildings did cost money - fact is that some greedy cnut threw them up what ever way he thought would make him richest. Which is fine by me as that is the nature of his business - the fact the the planning office didn't have a problem with the whole thing absolutely beggars belief :rolleyes:

Although these are the "Planners" working out of a brand new building in Dooradoyle which from day 1 never had sufficient parking planned - and are now renting same from the Crescent Shopping Centre [FFS]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Raiser,
    The first building you see as you come into Clarina from the west is pretty ugly. It has a roof design that only works visually when it cannot be seen from the side.

I understand the developer for the Clarina village is the same developer for the Parkway and both seem to have run out of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm gonna have to go an take a look at this. Used to live out that way and the houses directly off of the N69 at Clarina Cross on the Ballybrown Road looked to be coming along nicely. It would be a shame for the whole lot to be fcuked up by a pile of sheds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I agree, was driving thru there recently and it looks GHASTLY! :eek: Shame cos its a lovely village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Val Dennison

I totally agree re. the horrendous concrete monstrosity with the terrible roofline. I pass this every day and can only wonder at the lack of any aesthetic consideration in the planning office at Limerick County Council. It is all such a blight in a charming old village. The building should be pulled down and the person who gave this the go ahead should be moved to a job where he / she can do less damage to the environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,267 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm not out that side of the county that often these days. If someone is out that way if they could take a few photos and post here that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

Overall, I don't think its too bad a job....if they complete it that is. The new houses all look well. I can't imagine a lot of business for the new hotel they're building though (if that's what it is!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As you arrive into Clarina from the County side you meet a roundabout with a building which was due to be a Londis store.

I wont mention the supposed owner but lets just say that when it came to the bank "the computer says no".

He had all the plans of a great shop but he could not get any more funding from the banks so has given up on his planning.

Around that was due to be a nursing home and a park but I wouldnt hold my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Berty wrote: »
    As you arrive into Clarina from the County side you meet a roundabout with a building which was due to be a Londis store.

I wont mention the supposed owner but lets just say that when it came to the bank "the computer says no".

He had all the plans of a great shop but he could not get any more funding from the banks so has given up on his planning.

Around that was due to be a nursing home and a park but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Thanks Berty......

That's a real pity as Clarina really needed a cheap, thrown up eyesore Londis shop to add to its charm. It would have gone nicely with the rest of the Beirut suburbs theme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement