Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ur College Degree.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bluepencilcase

I thought there were some nice moments in it.

I think that making TV is one of those things that only looks easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Regardless that I'm good friends with at least 3 of the actors in the series (including the main character), I still maintain that had I taken a **** in a hat I would have made a far better series. It's almost a pastiche of itself.

Another nail in the coffin for CTN ftr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

jimi_t wrote: »
    Regardless that I'm good friends with at least 3 of the actors in the series (including the main character), I still maintain that had I taken a **** in a hat I would have made a far better series. It's almost a pastiche of itself.

Typical DramSoc speak.

Im sick of creeps like you bashing other performance groups in UCD.

How about you do **** in a hat and see how your doing then. Dont think the ventalation is that great down in your little dungeon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Spraggs

Typical DramSoc speak.

Im sick of creeps like you bashing other performance groups in UCD.

How about you do **** in a hat and see how your doing then. Dont think the ventalation is that great down in your little dungeon.

Look, all joking aside, this is the most appalling thing since they dropped the bomb on Nagasaki. There's no need to get precious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

The blonde girl's accent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

How dare you. These budding talented young thespians are merely looking for another medium to express their brilliance. They're trying to make something of themselves in their chosen profession. Maybe if people like you spent less time in the Trap and playing video games and actively chased your dreams you could empathize.

Fine work, keep it up

...the smell of pedigree chum is gone at least :cool:
    Bubs101 wrote:
    How dare you. These budding talented young thespians are merely looking for another medium to express their brilliance. They're trying to make something of themselves in their chosen profession. Maybe if people like you spent less time in the Trap and playing video games and actively chased your dreams you could empathize.

The day someones foolish enough to mod me, the videos of your own debute on the celluloid are going up. I'm just putting it up in writing here as I could see a fantastic spin off ''Ur College Degree 2 - Tipperary Tales''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The day someones foolish enough to mod me

flying_pig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Watching that pile of shíte was painful. I'm all for promoting the arts and creativity in UCD but that production had no redeeming features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

That really was painful, but I have to watch my language I don't want to offend anybody, what I will say though is I'd rather watch; The Hills, The City, My Super Sweet Sixteen, Countdown, Fair City, Coronation Street, Eastenders, Neighbours, Anything produced by RTÉ in the last 5 years in general, continuously, not even stopping for tea or going to the jacks, than watch 5 minutes of that rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

El Siglo wrote: »
    That really was painful, but I have to watch my language I don't want to offend anybody, what I will say though is I'd rather watch; The Hills, The City, My Super Sweet Sixteen, Countdown, Fair City, Coronation Street, Eastenders, Neighbours, Anything produced by RTÉ in the last 5 years in general, continuously, not even stopping for tea or going to the jacks, than watch 5 minutes of that rubbish.
    It was too painful for me to even give it much of a chance.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

It was almost as good as 'The Cassidys'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

i thought it was grand and watchable, but then again i have fair city on series link on sky plus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

wow.... just.....

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Ah dave.... i just cant take him seriously as an actor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Hats off and congradulations to all of you who decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I've no affiliation with anyone in this show or CTN but the slating on here comes across as childish and bitterness. jimi_t, grow up.

I watched 5 mins of the first episode, and thats all Im going to watch of it.. No it is not world class, no its not brilliant.
    [edit]Watched the rest of the episode. The dialogue picks up a bit, a few shameless plugs, but realistic enough. [/edit]

Is it crap? No.
    The camera work is good, the editing is ok, the opening sequence is excellent and professional in terms of camera work, editing, effects and music. The credits are poor though, they look crappy and cheap.

The audio recording needs to be improved. Too much background noise. Im guessing this is due to insufficient budget for individual mics rather than stupidity.

Is the dialogue a little bad, the acting a bit stiff. Yes. How is it by student standards? Above par. Not award winning, but better than average.

Congradualtions to those involved. Its not RTE worthy, but better than most student media.

Indeed. Everyone should all shut up with their opinions. </boards.ie>

Yawn

• Advertisement

Yawn
    comes across as childish and bitterness.
    ooh yes I think so

Sean_K wrote: »
    ooh yes I think so
    What can I say, you dont have a future in stand up. Three posts in this thread, all of them miserable attemps at humour.

Im sorry that Im just not that upset by your put down. Am I supposed to get irate? Admit you're right, this thread isnt about discussing the programme, its about slating people? Analysis and opinions on the production are completely unwelcome. Im "the man" and Im opressing your rights or ... something.

chillpill.jpg

Zing!

Oh I must be hoping mad now, what with the combined p0w3r or your posts.

Im sorry, I forgot to use emoticons, how absurd of me to think that I could convey a tone without a smily face or a rollseyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The storyline is quite good but the acting is less than good.

9.35 ish into the first episode the fake knacker says "biiiiiiiiiiird" in a really wierd way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Spraggs

Hats off and congradulations to all of you who decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I've no affiliation with anyone in this show or CTN but the slating on here comes across as childish and bitterness. jimi_t, grow up.

I watched 5 mins of the first episode, and thats all Im going to watch of it.. No it is not world class, no its not brilliant.
    [edit]Watched the rest of the episode. The dialogue picks up a bit, a few shameless plugs, but realistic enough. [/edit]

Is it crap? No.
    The camera work is good, the editing is ok, the opening sequence is excellent and professional in terms of camera work, editing, effects and music. The credits are poor though, they look crappy and cheap.

The audio recording needs to be improved. Too much background noise. Im guessing this is due to insufficient budget for individual mics rather than stupidity.

Is the dialogue a little bad, the acting a bit stiff. Yes. How is it by student standards? Above par. Not award winning, but better than average.

Congradualtions to those involved. Its not RTE worthy, but better than most student media.
    I have never heard such rubbish.
    This program has no redeeming features. Let me deal with your bull**** one chunk at a time.
    1: The dialogue picks up a little bit? It's the most cringy, least believable load of piss ever created. The plugs are almost the best part since you can pretend for a moment that they're not acting.

2:Editing and camerawork (not to mention script, direction and plot) are completely useless.

3: The acting. I cannot believe anybody could look at this and call it, "a little stiff." Completely without talent would be closer to the mark.

4: Calling this above par for student drama is an irrelevence, all that says is that student drama, at least for all those you've seen attempting it crowd, should be banned.

I just can't believe that somebody with your opinions actually exists, nobody should have to argue their case after watching this tripe.

Are you affiliated with Dramsoc by any chance?

Zing!

Oh I must be hoping mad now, what with the combined p0w3r or your posts.

Im sorry, I forgot to use emoticons, how absurd of me to think that I could convey a tone without a smily face or a rollseyes...

Someone needs a hug. smiley-hug002.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bluepencilcase

Meant to mention before as well, the song during the opening credits is excellent, really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

i actually liked the opening song also. its pretty cool.
    i don't want to slate anyone but this is just terrible. i have no "alliegances" at all but seriously, this is very very bad.

the acting is atrocious!

• Advertisement

I've quite a close affiliation a lot of people involved in this and I'm still 'grown up' enough to not allow bias to come into it. This is embarassing, and completely detracts from people who actually put effort into Media and the arts in UCD (and I can assure you that this was a hastily thrown together piece that barely got off the ground to begin with)
    The camera work is good, the editing is ok, the opening sequence is excellent and professional in terms of camera work...

The editing is adequate but the camera work is fischer price from start to finish; static fixed angles, no proper wipes or fades, very little PP. The bar scene looked like a cameraphone video of someones birthday party. If the birthday was for a ladder.

They (should) use a single boom, not individual mics. The background noise is caused by inexperience and poor control of signal gain/lack of a limiter or hard knee compressor. CTN had/have a serious budget and kit (not to mention capital grants etc...).

All I'll say is that you obviously have no experience of student film production; remarks like that are extremely insulting to the various groups and socities (FilmSoc for one) who actually dedicate the time to creating high quality shorts and series'.

This was a complete travesty, made worse by the fact it was under the 'Campus Television Network' banner - an outsider who stumbles across this on google might actually think this was representive of the level of talent present in the student body.

Again, compared to what? Unsubstantiated claim central here. Anything I saw at the ISFAs (or even filmed footage of the ISDAs) would absolutely hammer this. Hell, even coursework I've seen from far lesser equipped and funded colleges (IADT/Staofan Neafa etc...) outstrips this.

Oh, and Redeye?

GROW UP!

Advertisement