Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit needed for event

Options
  • 20-04-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone

Need to rent or maybe buy one that can be ready in 7 days. I get paid on May 2nd and event is on May 8th.

so i have to get that sorted. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get it, that is NOT black tie? Cause i think they are total rip off merchants :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Best off buying your own suit. They do nice ones in Topman, Burton, River Island etc. Not fitted or anything but they look well IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Any ideas on cost? Id spend 150-200 on a suit to buy, but only about 50 quid on one to rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

M&S have a fantasic range suits lately and reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

On Thomas Street there's a place good for suit rental.
    Think its called bow tie though can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Africa wrote: »
    Any ideas on cost? Id spend 150-200 on a suit to buy, but only about 50 quid on one to rent.

Easily get a good one in a high street shop along with shirt, tie and shoes for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Go up to Newry and buy one, was there last Thursday, and suit only £99, but comes with a shirts, tie, and shoes.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

If you don't often wear a suit I can understand not wanting to spend a lot on one. Try TK Maxx. You'll get a nice suit very cheaply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Go up to Newry and buy one, was there last Thursday, and suit only £99, but comes with a shirts, tie, and shoes.

Peter

+1 for Newry or anywhere up north!!

E.g. If you go into Debenhams on Henry Street and see a nice one head up to the Debenhams in Newry and get it there - its way cheaper.

Thats some great input guys :) Thanks very much.

Shall take a look at TK Maxx first anyway in stephans green.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

check some of the stores websites.burton had a greatdeal few months back of free shirt tie and shoes with every suit bought.

• Advertisement

I think i may be heading up the north for this one, as my buddy is considering going up to buy a PS3 (its 70 quid cheaper). Anyone know good places in Newry/Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Check the Quays and the Buttercrane. Check Debenhams in the Quays. I know there is a good suit shop up the town but cant think of the name of it.

Go onto the Bargain Alerts forum and there is a thread on there about Shopping in Northern Ireland - I'm sure there has been a question on there a few times about where to look for suits. Your sure to get an answer there

Advertisement