Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented a Cottage with no Running Water

Options
  • 20-04-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

Sitting here for 2 weeks with no water and so also no heating.

Have had the waterworks and council down twice to no avail (there is construction next to the house and I believe this is why the water is off.).

The developer who owns the house' receptionist says the council are coming down today again,she says I have to sit here all day waiting for them as they never gave her a time that they would call and she didnt give them my number.

I handed over €2000,a months deposit and a months rent.

I am here 2 weeks now,cold,unshaven and out of pocket.I am filling a mop bucket from the water of the garage next door to fill the cistern to flush the toilet.

Yes I viewed the house and am competent in these matters but seriously who checks for running water?Seriously in 2009?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have a word with the water (they should be able to do a water delivery by truck) and housing departments in the council.

If theres no success from that tell the landlord that wither he gives back most of the rent or you are going ot the PRTB. Put things in writing.

Advertisement