Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How best to tidy/re-surface my front path? Photo attached..suggestions welcome!

• 20-04-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

All,

I'm doing a spring clean at the moment and the front path outside my house is looking very grubby. I've steam cleaned it and it comes up ok but the cement is all cracked and it really takes from the front of the house. It's been there for over 50 years. Just wondering what I should do to bring it up to date with the house?

Tile it? anything i put on it can't be too high though.

Would I be able to put a fresh cover of cement on it? Or will this crack eventually?

Something kind of contemporary would be great...

Any ideas out there would be welcome!!

Many thanks,

A:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Break and remove and lay a new foothpath in granite slab/sett combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

when you say "can't be too high" how much do you have to play with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

I would cover with gravel...........

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Anduril

I think it looks fine as it is. Better than mine and they're just 6 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Ellechim wrote: »

Quite possibly the worse thing anyone could suggest. :eek:

You claimed previously to be familiar with 'design' exactly what aspect or field?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭budfox

dardevle wrote: »

when you say "can't be too high" how much do you have to play with?

I have about 3-4 cm otherwise I have to start playing around with the gate which will be a load of hassle.....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Break and remove and lay a new foothpath in granite slab/sett combo.

+1

Sonnenblumen, sorry if I have offended you previously. I'd like to let the matter rest now - do you think you could do that?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ellechim wrote: »

Very bad idea, especially if he wants to clean up the path

I'll just crawl away under a stone with my bad taste so ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭wewantchilly

budfox wrote: »
    All,

I'm doing a spring clean at the moment and the front path outside my house is looking very grubby. I've steam cleaned it and it comes up ok but the cement is all cracked and it really takes from the front of the house. It's been there for over 50 years. Just wondering what I should do to bring it up to date with the house?

Tile it? anything i put on it can't be too high though.

Would I be able to put a fresh cover of cement on it? Or will this crack eventually?

Something kind of contemporary would be great...

Any ideas out there would be welcome!!

Many thanks,

A:confused:

afraid i agree with the lads, if its cracking, then it shouldn't be too hard too pull out, then you are free to put down whatever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

You wouldn't think of painting it would you? The cement still looks pretty sound from the photo and if it's a spring clean you're looking for, black driveway paint might just do the job.

Advertisement