Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Adapter for 64 bit Vista

Options
  • 20-04-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys.

I'm most likely to be running Vista 64 bit on my new machine and I'm looking for recommendations for a wireless network adapter that I can use under 64 bit Vista. Several cards I've run across looked perfect so far but the drivers available for them don't seem to support a 64 bit OS.

So - anyone got any recommendations for me? Any help with this is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rikimaru

Thanks for the info. I had done a bit of Googling for cards but hadn't managed to find one. One of the threads you linked to below mentions an Asus card which, according to the reviews and user comments I can find on it, should suit me perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

i had the same problem a few weeks ago.

If you go to komplett.ie(me thinks their networking is a wee bit pricey) or where ever you plan on buying the card and google the cards that they have available followed by the word "driver" just look for the official manufacturers website in the link url i.e.(if it is an asus card look for a link with "asus/asustek" near the front of the url) and you can then see if it supports 64 bit vista.

I recommend this way as you can find the one for the best price also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 m3ld4r10n

Oh hai

lolcatsdotcomug9elgxemb1avrt1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I normally say buy on the web but I bought one of those wireless N ones in Maplines for €30.
    Azuretech or some obscure make..it's wireless N as well.
    Have it over a year and it's been running perfectly ever since on Vista 64bit. And the vista driver does work for Windows 7 as well. Tested and verified by me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

m3ld4r10n wrote: »
    I actually registered just so I could call you a poof.

This guy came to the forum for EXPERIENCE AND ADVICE...

Not a bunch of 3 year old articles... you r @ fail. n00bz0r

Generally I'd say Linksys>Netgear>Others. Cna change based on new market additions.

Oh you've gone and hurt my feelings now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 m3ld4r10n

sorry mate but people that just say 'use google' really annoy me.

another thing I should add is that othe Linksys WMP300N may still have issues with ASUS motherboards. I'm not aware if this has been fixed yet as people in xx08 were still having trouble with the latest firmware update (xx07).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

m3ld4r10n wrote: »
    sorry mate but people that just say 'use google' really annoy me.

another thing I should add is that othe Linksys WMP300N may still have issues with ASUS motherboards. I'm not aware if this has been fixed yet as people in xx08 were still having trouble with the latest firmware update (xx07).

People who register 'just so I could call you a poof' annoy me so you are banned permanently, if you bother registering again make it for a better reason.

Advertisement