Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Offer

Options
  • 20-04-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

www.sunsetbeachclub.com

Hi I have stayed in this place for the last few years and over the weekend I went on and checked some dates for July. I seen an offer described as

FAMILY 2+2 HB OFFER

GREAT VALUE FAMILY HALF BOARD OFFER 20th June 2009 - 3rd July 2009
    THIS OFFER IS VALID FOR 2 ADULTS PLUS 1 OR 2 CHILDREN (AGE 3-12)

When booking a 1 Bedroom Exterior apartment with HALF BOARD, up to 2 children eat FREE for every day of your stay that falls between :-
    20th June 2009 - 3rd July 2009 (inclusive)
    Price shown is final price. Offer valid for arrivals 20th June 2009 onwards. Limited offer subject to availability.

This deal appeared when you entered any two weeks from 20th June to 3rd July. So I booked July 1st for two weeks at 1169.

I got the confirmation email and booking went trough. I then booked Flights and taught happy days.

I got a call from the Hotel this am saying there was an error on the site and the best they can do is room only for 1600 euro (10% discount) I didn’t agree to anything as I couldn’t throw a tantrum at the time of the call so she said she would email some options.

What’s your advise on this one. Place is owned by FBD.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What do their T&C's say?
    Also did they charge your credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Here is the confirmation EMail see t&c's at the bottom. CC was not charged as full payment was due to be paid at the hotel.
    The deal is back on their site now at approx 2500 for the same dates.

=====================================================

Property Name:Sunset Beach Club
    Address:Avenida del Sol 5, 29630 Benalmadena Costa , Benalmadena, Andalucia, Spain.

Arrival Date:01-Jul-2009Departure Date:15-Jul-2009
    Guest Type:Leisure

Package Type: FAMILY 2+2 HB OFFER

Package Description: GREAT VALUE FAMILY HALF BOARD OFFER 20th June 2009 - 3rd July 2009
    THIS OFFER IS VALID FOR 2 ADULTS PLUS 1 OR 2 CHILDREN (AGE 3-12)

When booking a 1 Bedroom Exterior apartment with HALF BOARD, up to 2 children eat FREE for every day of your stay that falls between :-
    20th June 2009 - 3rd July 2009 (inclusive)
    Price shown is final price. Offer valid for arrivals 20th June 2009 onwards. Limited offer subject to availability.

Half Board: Hot Buffet Breakfast and 2 Course Set Menu Dinner (excl. drinks) are included in price shown for number of adults (age 13+) and children (3-12 yrs) as per your selection. Dinner is served 18:30h-21:00h inside the Oasis Restaurant (excl. terrace).
    Room Type:1 Bedroom Exterior incl. Half BoardNumber of Rooms:1
    Number of Adults:2Number of Children:2
    Number of Infants:0Special Requests:None
    Total Cost:EUR 1169.83Deposit Paid:EUR 0.00
    Booking Reference:BRLRHMRJMLPayment Due:EUR 1169.83

Terms and Conditions:
    Our check in time is not before 5:00 PM and check out time is no later than 12 Noon
    Our cancellation policy is 48 hours in advance of arrival. Should you fail to cancel this reservation within this time, 1 nights accommodation charge will be deducted from your credit card number as a cancellation fee. This booking is non transferable.
    Please print a copy of this confirmation for your records and present at reception on your arrival at the property.
    For Directions / Map please visit our website on http://www.sunsetbeachclub.com
    Thank you for choosing to stay with the Sunset Beach Club. We look forward to welcoming you.
    Rates are quoted and charged in EUR inclusive of VAT at the current rate. Alternative currency rates are indicative only, are based on current exchange rates and are subject to fluctuation. Rates quoted are subject to availability and alteration. Special offers and certain periods may be subject to minimum stay requirements. To make a booking you must enter the details of a valid credit card legally held by the booking holder. The credit card details are required to guarantee the booking. The full cost of accommodation is payable upon arrival. Please ensure you bring your credit card with you. Reservations may be cancelled or amended up to 48 hours prior to day of arrival. Failure to cancel your booking prior to this time will result in an automatic charge equivalent to 1 nights accommodation being applied to your credit or charge card. To cancel or modify your booking please refer to the Cancellation page within the www.sunsetbeachclub.com website. Once you have cancelled your booking online, you should receive a Cancellation reference number by email. Please keep this as proof of cancellation. If you do not have a cancellation reference number, then your booking will still be considered confirmed, and a non-refundable charge would be payable in the case of a no-show. Type of Board cannot be changed on arrival or during stay. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information, Sunset Beach Club does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information and descriptions of products in the Hotel. Your privacy is important to us! We will never, ever send your info to anyone else. All electronic communications sent from Sunset Beach Club will include an automatic unsubscribe mechanism. You can also unsubscribe at any time by emailing booking@sunsetbeachclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Unfortunately as they havent actually charged your card and the line in the T&C's "Rates quoted are subject to availability and alteration." I reckon they have covered themselves. I am open to correction on this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tippex wrote: »
    Unfortunately as they havent actually charged your card and the line in the T&C's "Rates quoted are subject to availability and alteration." I reckon they have covered themselves. I am open to correction on this.

I'd have to agree, their arse is covered on this one imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

bit out of order though - he's booked flights and all on the basis of the offer. If he accepts the higher price he is out of pocket, and if he cancels then he could be lumbered with flights he can't change, or which will cost him money to change.
    Out of order IMO. I would be looking for a better compromise than 10% off the room only rate.

• Advertisement

Totally Agree that its out of order and he should push for a better compromise but this is one of the problems of making the booking yourself and not booking all together with a bonded agent you are always taking a risk that something could go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

That is pretty crazy. I woul not accept it on principal and also while speaking to a manager explain that you will not be using them again and you make sure everyone on the internet knows what happened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Completely OT, but did anyone else spot this on the website homepage?

"Weddings in Spain - Sunset Beach Club offers complete services to rides wanting to get married in Spain. Our seafront mirador is the ideal location for a romantic blessing"

Childish, I know! :D OP, hope you get everything sorted. Must be very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Thanks for the advice guys my wife sent an email to them last night and also copied the Ryanair booking as proof that we did indeed have flights booked after we got the hotel confirmation. They mailed back this am and are going to honour the original deal. I am really delighted as I have stayed in this place for the last two years and loved it.

Great result for you there BennyC. Glad to see common sense prevailed it doesnt happen too often in these situations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement