Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my breakfast

• 20-04-2009 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

hi,

I am trying to lose a bit of weight, i am eating this for breakfast,
    as part of my regime.

pancakes with oats.

2 egg whites,1 full egg
    wholemeal flour,
    oats
    skimed milk.

put in a blender and mix and then onto the fying pan, this makes 2 good sized pancakes, but i only use half the mixture and keep the rest for the next day.so i eat one pancake for breakfast. i also put honey on the pancake when it is served.

is this recipe any good? i am looking for a low carb, high protein breakfast. if it isn't, is it still a good breakfast to eat for losing weight.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's probably 60/40 in terms of carb/protein. But yes it's a good breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

It's probably 60/40 in terms of carb/protein. But yes it's a good breakfast.

where are all the carbs? in the flour or oats or both? maybe i could use

low fat cottage cheese instead of the flour to lower the carb intake?

Advertisement