Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bill package with internet & Samsung Tocca Ultra

• 20-04-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice here. I am thinking of picking up a Samsung Tocca Ultra and going for bill pay for the first time. I primarily want the phone for checking email and updating my website, forum and twitter/facebook on the go. I don't plan on downloading a lot of stuff like ringtones and crap. I also don't spend much more than €25 a month on credit at the moment.

I have been looking at Vodaphone and 3

One thing confuses me however. What is the story with using the internet? 3 say that you can use google for free so does that mean that I have to get an internet bundle to do the above? I am leaning towards the cheapest plan on 3 at €19 a month because the minutes and texts are better than the cheapest plan with Vodafone. However I can get the phone for a lot cheaper with Vodafone.

Is there any other charges when switching to a bill monthly plan? I am currently with o2 but I would like to keep my number.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

RonMexico wrote: »
    One thing confuses me however. What is the story with using the internet? 3 say that you can use google for free so does that mean that I have to get an internet bundle to do the above?

You are allowed to search in google for free. You are charge once you click on the search results, so it would be better for you to get an add-on if you are going to be using data quite a bit.

I am leaning towards the cheapest plan on 3 at €19 a month because the minutes and texts are better than the cheapest plan with Vodafone. However I can get the phone for a lot cheaper with Vodafone.

Vodafone will give you the phone for €150 less than 3. For the saving you could afford to be on the higher plan with vodafone and still have a overall saving for the 12months of €30. The downside with vodafone is they will give you 500mb for €9.99 data add-on. 3 will give you 1gb for €9.99 also. If you are happy that you wont be using over the 500mb every month i would go with vodafone. 500mb is fair amount of data to use on a mobile, with what you say you will be using it on, i dont think you would be near even near 500mb.

Is there any other charges when switching to a bill monthly plan? I am currently with o2 but I would like to keep my number.

You can switch to billpay and keep your full number including the 086 prefix.
    Charges are same as pay as you go, ofcourse different rates for whatever service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Davy wrote: »
    The downside with vodafone is they will give you 500mb for €9.99 data add-on.

Vodafone has a 1GB isp add on for €9.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Vodafone has a 1GB isp add on for €9.99

Is that not finished now? It was a promo price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Davy wrote: »
    Is that not finished now? It was a promo price

It was supposed to be a promo price but I haven't heard anything about it being withdrawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Thanks guys, think I will go with the Vodafone package. I tried switching to three a few months back and they were a nightmare to deal with. Wouldn't accept my credit card because the address I entered didn't match that on my credit card. There was an extra f due to a typo and they put me through to some dingbat in India who could barely speak english. Put me right off them which is a pity because they have good prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement