Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at the Mater Hospital

Options
  • 20-04-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me how much it costs to park at the Mater hospital.

cheers
    ian

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

http://www.mater.ie/patient/patientcarpark.htm

Car Parking
    Parking for visitors and patients is not available within the hospital grounds. A car park for visitors is situated in Eccles Street between the Mater public and the Mater private hospitals. Parking costs Euro 2.00 per hour. The car park is open between 7.30 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday to Friday. Eccles Street is a disk parking area. Parking disks may be purchased from the Mater Hospital shop or from a dispensing machine on Eccles Street adjacent to the entrance to the Phase 1A Ward Block. There is a set-down collection point for patients located at the entrance to the Phase 1A Ward Block.

Taxis
    A taxi rank is located opposite the front steps of the main hospital building.

Bus
    Dublin Bus provides a service to the hospital environs as follows:

Bus Stop Number
    Eccles Street 121
    Dorset Street 3
    11/11A
    16/16A
    36/36A

Berkeley Road 10
    North Circular Road 22/22A

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyDub

Just to let you know, there's major building works going on at the Mater at the moment, the carpark has been reduced in size and fills up very early (blocking the whole of Eccles Street with it as people queue to get in). Most hospital staff don't get parking. Almost every street nearby is pay-parking, and also fills up very quickly.

Just a heads-up. Give yourself plenty of time (if you've an appointment) and bring change to feed the meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I took your advice there Tony and got the bus cheers. Seems to be a bit hectic parking wise.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

ian_m wrote: »
    I took your advice there Tony and got the bus cheers. Seems to be a bit hectic parking wise.:cool:

Oh its a fecking nightmare. I work on Eccles street. You wouldnt belive the ammount of hassle that gets caused by people quing when the car park is clearly full and the sign says so. Then while quing they block the taxi rank, and you dont want an angry taxi man on your case. Then you have people at the top of Eccles street not known the traffic is caused by the car park so they just sit there without overtaking, also people coming from the Dorset Street side thinking they can just turn into the carpark while the cue is going half way up the other side of the street. People have almost come to blows a number of times over it, its ridiculous at this stage. When operation free-flow was in force a Gaurd was there everyday which kept things going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bananas_blog

hello I'm new to using the boards. I was just wondering is it still as difficult to get parking if you need to go to the mater hospital I'm coming from Blanchardstown village would i be better off taking a bus than trying to park thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

hello I'm new to using the boards. I was just wondering is it still as difficult to get parking if you need to go to the mater hospital I'm coming from Blanchardstown village would i be better off taking a bus than trying to park thank you

If you get the 38 from Blanchardstown Village it will drop you just at the side of the Mater Hospital on Berkley Road. Probably would be your best bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

They opened a new carpark not to far away on upper Dorset Street, Where the old cargarages used to be. Spaces at Eccles Street carpark are limited now due to works starting on the new hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bananas_blog

thanks very much for your help I waited for the 38 bus for half an hour and it never came so i decided to take the bull by the horns (or the car by the steering wheel is more appropriate) and drove into town my first time ever and after getting lost only once was lucky enough to get a space on eccles st in the car park there Lucky Me!
    I should definitely use these boards more often you are all so helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭sporina

so what is the latest with regards to parking around the Mater? Are there car parks near the Mater - the one at the hospital is very expensive?

sporina wrote: »
    so what is the latest with regards to parking around the Mater? Are there car parks near the Mater - the one at the hospital is very expensive?

The one at the hospital is closed now. They're building a multi story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭sporina

so is there somewhere else that you could suggest to park? Is there a reasonably priced car park near the mater? Like in the phibsboro/dorset street area? or else where? thanks.

sporina wrote: »
    so is there somewhere else that you could suggest to park? Is there a reasonably priced car park near the mater? Like in the phibsboro/dorset street area? or else where? thanks.

Nearest is the on street parking or there's a multi story on Marlborough Street and they are offering a shuttle bus from Marlborough Street to the hospital for patients and visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

There's a car park on Wellington Street. 12 euro for the day, 6 if you're Mater staff and have your staff card. Lovely guys working there and it's nice and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hey all just wondering is the parking the same situation at the mater?
    I'm driving up tomorrow from cork so don't have the option of taking the bus so really need to know in advance where I can park. Bringing someone up for an operation so will really need all day parking in the vicinity, is this possible and if so where abouts is it? I don't know the area that well, just how to get to the hospital and a few of the streets around.

Many thanks for any help !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 darkvaper

Sorry to bumb an old thread but is €15 the cheapest parking around the mater?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hugi13

Hello,
    Same question as above, though bit more up to date ? Cheapest option to park in or near by Mater Hospital ?

The hospital underground carpark is best.

Advertisement