Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kusadasi in July... Anyone been?

• 20-04-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Myself and my boyfriend were thinking of going to Kusadasi end of June/start of July for our summer holiday. Has anyone been there and if so what it is like?
    I've heard that it's supposed to be a gorgeous place but can be fairly rough. Is this true?
    I haven't heard good things about the Sea Pearl hotel but the Palmin Hotel and the Palmin Sunset Plaza are supposed to be nice.
    Anyone with experience of the places?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jacqui2121

Myself and my boyfriend were thinking of going to Kusadasi end of June/start of July for our summer holiday. Has anyone been there and if so what it is like?
    I've heard that it's supposed to be a gorgeous place but can be fairly rough. Is this true?
    I haven't heard good things about the Sea Pearl hotel but the Palmin Hotel and the Palmin Sunset Plaza are supposed to be nice.
    Thanks

hi there! Kusadasi is lovely! Im going again in june for 2 weeks.. to the palmin which is a lovely hotel. nightlife is good with a wide variety & plenty of restaurants. Its not rough at all, yes the people there try to make u buy EVERYTHING but just say no and walk away, thats the only problem ive had with them. Plenty to do eg: quad biking, horse safari, visit ephesus etc. if you do book let me know and ill point u in the diection of some nice restaurants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Thanks for the quick reply!
    What would the weather be like in July? Its our first holiday together so I want it to be one to remember!
    Would one week there be enough or would we need two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Kusadasi is nice, i would definitely go back again. The weather in July will be great, we went to Kusadasi last August and it was 40C + everyday so prepare for 35C upwards. There is plenty to do and the beaches are lovely. Look up Ephesus it's really nice. As mentioned above the excursions like the horse/jeep safari's, scuba diving etc are all really good. The people, nightlife and restaurants are great and most importantly everything is really really cheap!

The only problem i had with Turkey is the constant bombardment of traders trying to sell you things. You just need to politely say no and walk on, ignoring the calls after you! I was dealing with it quite well up until the last few days of our trip and then i had to learn a few Turkish obscenities to get some peace. I was starting to tire of being called a white gypsy etc just because i wouldn't buy their crappy leather!

Was talking to the travel agent and she recommended Gumbet, as I would be flying from Cork and its a 4 hour transfer to Kusadasi from Bodrum.

Although Gumbet is a lot cheaper, I'm worried that there is not as much to do as in Kusadasi. I was looking forward to the water park but was told that there are none near Gumbet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bluebell55

Hey,

I have been in Turkey for the last 3 years on holidays- for the last 2 years in the Palmin and the first year in Bitez.
    I absolutely loved the Palmin, food is fantastic, lovely staff, great craic!! I went with the family for the first two years and the boyf last year, and it worked out brilliantly!!
    We flew to Bodrum, and it takes about 2 hours to get to the Palmin, but u dont notice the journey, the scenery is brill!!!
    Really enjoyed kusadasi, lovely restaurants, and picked up lovely clothes too!!
    Last yr in June it was 40 plus degrees (BOILING), and the same in August previous years!!
    Planning on going again in June with the boyf, and August with the family!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jacqui2121

Well i never been to Bodrum but id recommend Turkey & the palmin.. july should be nice & hot!!:)
    Its not too expensive really , got two weeks for €560. not bad i think.

Maybe go for a week and see whay u think first? though i know the first time i went i wished i was there for 2 weeks, transfer time from Izmir is over an hour but u can get pretty cheap transfers at €50 for 2 people , not bad either for €25 each , as its quicker and more comfortable!

The only reservation I have about going to Turkey at that time would be the temperature.

I've read that its supposed to hit 40deg which is boiling. (with the current climate here we think 16deg is roasting!)

Our dates are the 27th June to the 4th of July, and I know its hard to predict weather, but would we be ok because its early July?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I've been in early June and early Sept and it was hot enough at that time. It's a great place to go, beaches, nice food, you can visit Ephesus and Pamukkale for culture, then there's handbag and jeans shopping. I'd love to go back at some stage.

Thanks for all ye're help!

I think we might just go and see what it's like. It's only for the week anyway.

Couldn't really pass up the super deal we got, €390 each for the week. :)

Can't wait! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gigglybex

hi i was just reading your messages and was just wondering where de hell did you get de holiday to go to kusadasi for €390!!! everywhere ive been looking its comming up round €700 each!!!:confused: if anyone could help it'd be great!!! goin in july!!! tanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭The Filth

So how cheap is Kudasi?
    Myself and a group of friends are considering going there for about 2weeks. I'll probably be on a budget of 600-700 spending money while there. Could I get by comfortably on this or not?

What would the average price of a meal be in Euros be? And taxi and night costs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cxy1969

Thanks

you will love it in kusadasi we have booked for 3 wks in july /aug and got a great deal for 4 adults £1500 for 3 wks accomodation and flights cannot waittttttttttt

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭G-unit10

Was there last year in the sea pearl- don't know what bad things you heard about it op but i liked it, i've family who have visited it many times and the trip advisor reviews are good. Maybe people don't like it as its more family-orientated perhaps than the palmin- which is further from ladies beach actually.
    You have to do ephesus, the water park was great and also i'd recommend going to the fruit/veg market in town( think its on fridays) - its quite a sight!

yeah the market is brill and very cheap, and you can taste before you buy!!!!!

seriously ladies beach is a must much cleaner than beach at kusadasi front

we went 2 yrs ago and changed up 600 gb pounds for 2 wks ate out every night and went out every day/night and came back with a few quid...... you just got to know where to go and where not to go look around 1st as prices differ from place to place

The Filth wrote: »
    So how cheap is Kudasi?
    Myself and a group of friends are considering going there for about 2weeks. I'll probably be on a budget of 600-700 spending money while there. Could I get by comfortably on this or not?

What would the average price of a meal be in Euros be? And taxi and night costs?

average mael with drinks about 20 tyl depends what you have import drinks more expensive than local, night costs bar st is the most expensive for drinks no entry fee bout 10tyl for a drink but its about a tripple so not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7 connolly72

jacqui2121 wrote: »
    hi there! Kusadasi is lovely! Im going again in june for 2 weeks.. to the palmin which is a lovely hotel. nightlife is good with a wide variety & plenty of restaurants. Its not rough at all, yes the people there try to make u buy EVERYTHING but just say no and walk away, thats the only problem ive had with them. Plenty to do eg: quad biking, horse safari, visit ephesus etc. if you do book let me know and ill point u in the diection of some nice restaurants!
    Hi I'm going in June any heads ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

connolly72 wrote: »
    Hi I'm going in June any heads ups

Yes look @ the exchange rate now its way up there get them lira asap

• Registered Users Posts: 7 connolly72

Ta mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

connolly72 wrote: »
    Ta mate

No bother and if you have some time to spare look here
    http://forum.kusadasi.biz/