Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with my mower, help?

Options
  • 20-04-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Have just bought a Homelite HLM140HP Lawnmower , after twenty minutes use , the pull cord will not come out of its housing more than a couple of inches. PLease help any advise appreciated.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Is there oil in the engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

as above check the oil level....when you purchase a new mower they generally don't come filled with oil...if there is oil in make sure its at the correct level,has it been turned on it side at any time?any of these will affect the engine turn over....worst case scenario is a siezed engine:(

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

its a seized engine folks.Rang woodies and they told me to bring it in to them to have a look.they couldnt do anything with it so i demanded and got a new mower :). .The make of mower is homelite 140HP.Apparently they have been returning by the dozen with problems....AVOID! Thanks for replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Get a refund and buy an Efco. I sold/sell all makes of mowers and i have never once had an efco back. Buy from somewhere you will get service. Avoid woodies and the like. My 2cents.

Advertisement