Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alledged: Shots fired in Cloughleigh

• 20-04-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Alledged: shots fired in cloughleigh this weekend...Traveller feud...limerick gang implicated

anyone else hear about this...?

worrying development for our little town

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭happytime

sorry that's spelt a l l e g e d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya happened Friday night
    certain well know wont name shooting at their cousins
    also heard a crowd of wont name well known gangland family crew in their 20's, from limerick moved in, told the leigh boys they have a month to stop selling their gear, as they are taking over Ennis now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

yeah it def happened, a friend heard the shots. wont be the last of it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I must try and uncover some pics from my line dancing days in Cloughleigh to ruin their credibility. Back then Garth Brooks and Cotten Eye Joe were as street as it got in Ennis. Every traveller in the estate was in jammed into that hall working on their two step in their Xworx and NAFF jackets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ahhh the old line dancing craze, when every hall was over ran, thought it was a load of b0llix myself until I noticed that all the girls were at it, used to wait outside then, never twigged that they were there with their mothers and were going straight home

• Advertisement

in their Xworx and NAFF jackets.
    HAHAHAHA forgot about those haha
    well thank god i never got them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I must try and uncover some pics from my line dancing days in Cloughleigh to ruin their credibility. Back then Garth Brooks and Cotten Eye Joe were as street as it got in Ennis. Every traveller in the estate was in jammed into that hall working on their two step in their Xworx and NAFF jackets.

man did you make my day completely forgot about those they were the worst things ever awh classic thinking back

Joe Bloggs
    Fila
    and let us all remember
    chicago-bulls-150x150.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hey, if it had a Raiders logo on it was cool, if you wanted to be the ultimate in cool you had to have a pair of Joe Bloggs (or X) jeans, Nike Jordan shoes, Bulls vest and a Raiders jacket, not only would it all cost a few grand, but your clothes would weigh bout twice as much as you.

Now that I think of it I never had any of them, I was a very unloved child/teenager, must remember to thank my mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Can't believe the flippant attitude to this escalation of violence in Ennis. Do you know what lies ahead? Limerick but worse because it is such a small town and the feckers are at all sides. Now is the time to take to the streets, to the airwaves, to the newspapers, demanding that this poison be stopped. They are too afraid to open their mouths in Limerick. But we in Ennis should not be so afraid...yet anyway. The Town Council is away with the birds. Give them hell on the doorsteps. Give them hell on voting day. There is a small window during which we can act to stop our town being destroyed and the people terrorised. We need to wake up fast.

We're not being flippant.

We're just waiting to see if the Limerick package is any good or if it's been stepped on like the Leighs' one. (sorry, I've been watching too much of The Wire)

Seriously though, every town in Ireland is rotten with drugs. I don't see what the public marching around the place is going to do. I doubt any of the dealers in Ennis are interested in getting into a feud with the Limerick fellas. They'll just take over and the rest of em will go off selling drugs someplace else.

• Advertisement

we might get some proper drugs now :D

What is it with people wanting to take to the streets? Drugs are the problem, people taking them are the problem, people getting knocked off goods is the problem, there's problems everywhere, Limerick is just down the road, but Ireland is such a small place that everywhere is just down the road.

There is no point in thinking that a counciler can do anything about the problem, there's no point in thinking that people taking their kids up town for a stroll will make a difference, stopping people doing drugs or buying stolen goods is the only way to stop what's happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Clareman wrote: »
    What is it with people wanting to take to the streets? Drugs are the problem, people taking them are the problem, people getting knocked off goods is the problem, there's problems everywhere, Limerick is just down the road, but Ireland is such a small place that everywhere is just down the road.

There is no point in thinking that a counciler can do anything about the problem, there's no point in thinking that people taking their kids up town for a stroll will make a difference, stopping people doing drugs or buying stolen goods is the only way to stop what's happening[/quote

Someone has a vested interest in the status remaining quo, it seems.

Thanks Teadrinker. I'm glad someones finally called Clareman out on this. It's a ****ing conspiracy I tells you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scallywagon

I can confirm also that this did happen.Its part of an ongoing traveller feud thats been going on for the last few months and its goin to escalate in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I can confirm also that this did happen.Its part of an ongoing traveller feud thats been going on for the last few months and its goin to escalate in the future.

I thought it was in connection with a few members of a Limerick criminal family moving into a house in the area.

finbarrk wrote: »
    I thought it was in connection with a few members of a Limerick criminal family moving into a house in the area.
    no the shooting was done by a well known traveler family, fighting between themselves, no harm if they shoot each other tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

BOBBY wrote: »
    fighting between themselves, no harm if they shoot each other tbf

And no harm if the other crowd mentioned would keep shooting at themselves either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭happytime

problem is when an innocent person gets caught in the crossfire like what happened with that rugby player in Limerick

If a Clare hurler catches a stray in tha dome then I'd expect there to be similar levels of hysteria.

• Advertisement

If a Clare hurler catches a stray in tha dome then I'd expect there to be similar levels of hysteria.
    The way the hurlers are going at the moment they'd either miss or they'd manage to drop the bullet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

was talking to a guard who told me that a traveller family involved in the drug trade bought a house up there through a government purchase scheme and then sublet to a family from limerick connected to one of the major crime families in limerick. They did this to have them nearby for "protection" in a fued with another traveller family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 boysrbacntown

this is about cloughleigh travellers fighthing in ennis..what i would like 2 say,even when the gardai evicted one of the families from ennis there seems to be more trouble and drugs than ever,sayin that when the other family was in ennis there seemed to be a lot more law and order so in my opinion if they were back in ennis they would atleast bring back order to our small town. and you spoke about limerick fellas and shots being fired well we never got any confirmation about it off the gardai which is there job,because were paying taxes and we rely on the gardai to protect us. So if you want to reply i would more than happy to debate further on this matter. Yours Brenda

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

This thread is an old one started in April 09 so old news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Jesus ye're worse than the Dubs, Have any of you people actually been to Limerick or do you just believe all the ****e the media says. Its no worse than cork or galway crime wise. And i felt a lot safer on the streets of Limerick after a night out than i did in Ennis

Advertisement