Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edamame

• 20-04-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭

or soya beans.

Anyone know where I can get them? I love them and order them every time I go to Waggamama but can't seem to find either fresh or frozen ones anywhere I've tried in Cork.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Malari wrote: »
    or soya beans.

Anyone know where I can get them? I love them and order them every time I go to Waggamama but can't seem to find either fresh or frozen ones anywhere I've tried in Cork.

Tesco do own brand frozen soya beans

and super value sell Green Isle (I think) frozen soya beans.

These are shelled unlike the Wagga one but taste similar

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think they must have discontinued them in the couple of branches I've tried.

I'll have to go further afield!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Asian foodstores ftw.

Assuming you live in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick you should go to your local asian store. They'll have them in the freezer section. Cheaper than Birdseye ones as well..I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Asian food stores are your best bet. Everywhere in Cork seems to have stopped selling the Birdseye ones :( you can buy a green package in the freezers in Tesco but the beans taste bit off, grand for a stir-fry but not for eating like in Wagamama. Happy hunting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Malari wrote: »
    I think they must have discontinued them in the couple of branches I've tried.

I'll have to go further afield!

mmmm checked today too in Paul St. and they no longer have them - only a soya bean stir fry mix.

Try the Jia Jia on cornmarket street

• Advertisement
Advertisement