Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black bin

Options
  • 20-04-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

We missed the black bin collection this evening. Next one is in 2 weeks.

Would appreciate any suggestions :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Suggestions for what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

No home should be without an ample supply of Duck Tape. Not only is it handy for plumbing repairs, but it's a great way to hem drapes, tablecloths, clothes, just about anything. No muss, no fuss.

There you go. Use it wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Aseth wrote: »
    We missed the black bin collection this evening. Next one is in 2 weeks.

Would appreciate any suggestions :)

OK, sorry :P
    I mean is there any way to organize another collection? Or is there anything else that can be done?

You will just have to wait sure you will only have, what a 1/3 of a full bag by then anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You will just have to wait sure you will only have, what a 1/3 of a full bag by then anyway.

If you live alone and eat out all the time. If you live with 4 other people, and eat in most of the time, you will have more garbage.

OP,

Check out http://www.dublinwaste.ie/

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    If you live alone and eat out all the time. If you live with 4 other people, and eat in most of the time, you will have more garbage.

OP,

Check out http://www.dublinwaste.ie/

well there are two of us in my house and we would very rarely eat out but only fill a black bag about once a month

have you of recycling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

well there are two of us in my house and we would very rarely eat out but only fill a black bag about once a month
    have you of recycling ?

Look, all I'm asking here is for advice, if I wanted smart comments I would have posted on After Hours :/

We have 3 different bins - black,green and brown. We fill them all pretty quickly except brown one.

[Quote:]No home should be without an ample supply of Duck Tape. Not only is it handy for plumbing repairs, but it's a great way to hem drapes, tablecloths, clothes, just about anything. No muss, no fuss.

There you go. Use it wisely.
    [/quote]

This one is another After-Hours comment type when I'm asking for genuine advise.

Maybe sb else was in a similar situation?

I forgot to put my black bin out last month too.
    "Dammit....right well we'll have to make sure we're recycling all we can into the green bin and also the brown and otherwise keep any bags that won't fit in, in the shed until the next time the bin is emptied"

I mean, 'organise another collection'? Do you think you can ring them up and ask them to drop by your house as you forgot to put the bin out? You can't, you'll have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Your only option is to use black sacks for two weeks,either drop them up to Dublin waste,I think it's a tenner or hold on untill your next collection. If you know local bins are being collected you could chance your arm and put yours beside one,nothing illegal in that,you'll still be charged.I don't think they will come back to your house to empty though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gnxx

Call the corpo. Explain the problem and they might send out a van to collect the rubbish.

I phoned before and the guys in the small "litter van" called out and took the bags of rubbish for me.

I've found that sometimes with Dublin Corporation, you get either really helpful people or the other extreme ... so calling twice might be a good idea.

Also if you see any of the guys in the "litter vans" have a chat with them and see will they take away your rubbish -- they are normally really helpful.

As with a large number of "public services", I found that the Dublin corporation folks on the "frontline" are exceptional in terms of helping the public. The office staff seem to be very hit and miss.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Just Colimb into the wheelie bin, jump up and down for a few minutes, and compress the bags as much as you can; you'd be suprised how much extra space you'll get.
    I call it 'doing the wheelie bin shuffle'

Or, ask a neighbour if you can use their bins for a couple of bags and pay him for the next collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

This happened to me a while back, I rang Dublin City Council who could not have been nicer.
    I was told to leave the bin in my front garden and they would send somebody out.
    Later that day the bin was emptied.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This happened to me a while back, I rang Dublin City Council who could not have been nicer.
    I was told to leave the bin in my front garden and they would send somebody out.
    Later that day the bin was emptied.

Hope this helps

Whom did you call in Dublin CC?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

syklops wrote: »
    Whom did you call in Dublin CC?

Dublin City Council
    Waste Management Services
    68 - 70 Marrowbone Lane
    Dublin 8

Tel: (01) 222 1000
    Fax: (01) 454 4830 or (01) 222 4509