Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules of Engagement Events: The Jebrovian Conflict day 2 at HRTA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Great game tonight lads ... non-stop action and some serious head way made (a real headache for the scripting process ... so thanks for that ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

****a rockin the kasba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah we felt we need to step back and let the pros come in and help us out

Then again I'd suggested we let the Jebrovians swet for two weeks, a typical hawk plan, but the young blood. o well talking to a wall

:P

Good job boys

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah we felt we need to step back and let the pros come in and help us out

Then again I'd suggested we let the Jebrovians swet for two weeks, a typical hawk plan, but the young blood. o well talking to a wall

:P

Good job boys

The irrepressable enthusiasm of youth to batter the living daylights out of poor people in a foreign land in the name of "Democracy" is a weapon whose use should never be over looked ;)

Due to a large number of RoE regulars being away at Berget next week we have decided to operate a SWAT style event on Friday the 26th of June. This will be a slightly different, non-canon game focussing on rapid reaction to a changing environment rather than the usual week-to-week play.

The regular RoE game, the Jebrovian Conflict, will return the following Friday July 3rd, this means that those of you who are away will be able to dive back in immediately and those who are not deployed on Sweedish soil will not miss out on a game.

The SWAT game teams will be decided on the night based on attendance with specific mission plans for each side which promise to provide a few new experiences.

RoE staff would like to wish the lads going overseas all the best.

See you on the field guys. :D

• Advertisement

Propaganda2-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

I might have just found a way to play for NATO,
    JNA, eat my APC metal ass :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

hrta wrote: »
    I might have just found a way to play for NATO,
    JNA, eat my APC metal ass :D

Bring it on :P

Just a reminder to all, the normal RoE game has been suspended for this coming friday while a large number of regulars are away. We will be running a SWAT style game on the friday instead which promises to be a lot of fun :)

The Jebrovian Conflict will return on Friday July 3rd (the following week).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

This kicks off at 7pm tonite yes? I might be able to make it finally and it isn't even part of the full scenario.

Oh life, why do you mock me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I meant to post earlier. Oops!

Great scenario on Friday. Worked well with the numbers but would be even better with more on each side. You could even have more bad guys than SWAT to really liven it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Glad you enjoyed it.

We're hoping to run more of the SWAT style scenarios in time but for the moment, we're back to the Jebrovian conflict from this coming friday.

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    I meant to post earlier. Oops!

Great scenario on Friday. Worked well with the numbers but would be even better with more on each side. You could even have more bad guys than SWAT to really liven it up.

Thanks man, we appreciate it. As Taz said there will be more SWAT games in the future which will hopefully allow us to increase the number of Tangos in the area ;)

The re-run of the previous game day will be held tomorow.

NOTICE

There is a poll up on the RoE forum regarding the game night. Please refer to this and the RoE website regularly over the next week to keep abreast of whether the game night changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

wednesday make it wednesday

friday aint no good for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm not free tonight.

Finding it very "meh" at the moment to bother going. I know thats the exact attitude thats not required, but i made the effort in the start when no one else could/would.

I think another day shuold be tested, to see any improvements.

When I'm choosing a night in with the misses instead of liberating a makey up country, you know somethings wrong...

tbh, I hope it does go to wednesdays - it would certainly suit me better.

it was mad that people voted for a friday anyway, but seen as most of the people who voted friday haven't actually ever shown up, I don't think changing the night will be a problem.

oh - worth noting as well, Paul has procured rather a decent amount of materials for constructing walls, so you can expect to see a lot less netting over the coming weeks as it get installed. :D

Right - the vote is in.

The Jebrovia Conflict will now be played on Wednesday nights at HRTA.

The next episode will be on the 29th of July.

but....but....i like fridays
    so i can get all geared up for bailing on the friday night
    and leave every one in the lurch

so now i actually have to come out and play ffs lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Noted. Calendar below and GetActive.ie website have been updated. Thank you.

• Advertisement

It appears are having some technical difficulties with the forums. We have contacted our hosting company and it should be resolved shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing players, we assure you if there is an arse to be kicked for the down time it will be well and truly booted. ;)

The RoE Forums are back up and running.

Stay tuned for a Jebrovian Conflict Anouncement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

extremetaz wrote: »
    Right - the vote is in.

The Jebrovia Conflict will now be played on Wednesday nights at HRTA.

The next episode will be on the 29th of July.

Interesting, I might actually be able to make it if it's on Wednesdays. Fridays just weren't happening for me.

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Interesting, I might actually be able to make it if it's on Wednesdays. Fridays just weren't happening for me.

So long as you bring the GBB M4 ... that thing makes my knees go weak. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Fridays I think were best for me, while I'm unemployed Wednesdays are good but I'm not sure about when I have a job again.

newpostersample.jpg

Faction "War Rooms" updated for commanders. RoE staff standing by for Q&A.

Looking forward to seeing everyone as we move to our new slot of Wednesday nights. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

As a matter of interest are rentals available at HRTA? My G36 is non-worky and therefore will be in Eirsofts repair shop until the end of time. If someone can loan/rent me a G36 I can supply my own low caps.

Stonewolf wrote: »
    As a matter of interest are rentals available at HRTA? My G36 is non-worky and therefore will be in Eirsofts repair shop until the end of time. If someone can loan/rent me a G36 I can supply my own low caps.

We have a thread up on the forum for just such eventualities. If you want to book a rental you'll need to do so through the venue operator HRTA. RoE does not supply rental equipment during events.

To the best of my knowledge the vast majority of kit available at HRTA is STANAG based (m16 style mags), I dont think there are any rental G36 variety pieces. Fingers crossed someone will be able to help.

Hye folks,

Well here it is, the first episode of chapter two of the Jebrovian Conflict in our brand spanking new time slot of Wednesday nights!

The scenarios are written and have been delivered to the command staff of each faction. NATO have their maps. The props are ready and the field is prepped for play.

Remember, RoE is what the players make it. The intensity of the gaming experience, the highs and lows are all player driven. We're only happy to oblige any ideas plots/plans etc that you can come up with (and justify within reason lol). :D

On the note of players, it seems a few regulars are having a spot of transport trouble (translation for hawks: "epic transport fails are epic ... TAN!). If anyone can offer a ride from anywhere (or indeed if anyone needs a ride from anywhere (stop giggling Moggser!) give a shout out so we can get the new time slot off to a flying start.

See you all on the field tomorow. 7pm sharp ;)

• Advertisement

lolzer's you said "ride"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement