Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules of Engagement Events: The Jebrovian Conflict day 2 at HRTA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

kinda sorry to hear it, but now that its posponed i might be able to play.
    lots of physio on my arm and i think i may actually be able to lift my p90.

Hope i can join you once the new day is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sarsoft

Back on this Wednesday or waiting for new day???

sci-ops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

That's what we're trying to sort out at the moment.

Ideally what we'll do is get a single long game on a sunday to wind up the scenario until the new year and the arrival of less than total-darkness gaming.

Otherwise, we'll stay with the wednesdays.

Either way, the next episode is gonna require good numbers on both sides to do it justice so whatever way suits the most people will be what we'll do.

Will try throw something more concrete up here and on the website this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Sorry, due to no activity on the ROE site I've been under the impression that the game is now on hold.

If you want numbers you'll have to change to the weekend. If you change to the weekend you wont get the regulars playing every two weeks. I suggest you run Jebrovia once a month and one off milsims the other day(s).

Sorry, due to no activity on the ROE site I've been under the impression that the game is now on hold.

If you want numbers you'll have to change to the weekend. If you change to the weekend you wont get the regulars playing every two weeks. I suggest you run Jebrovia once a month and one off milsims the other day(s).

To be honest, that's probably the way it's heading.

This year was primarily a proof-of-concept as it were - and the system seems to work quite well.

We owe it to the regulars though to finish the story of Smolek so we're definitely gonna try and get that done before the year is out one way or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

At least 2 lads from ABZ will want to attend next of the series, but will make it if it's going to be midweek saturday at the worst, but cannot sundays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

So what's the current situation? If you want to close out this chapter then you'll need to actually get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

To be honest I'm not that in to this any more no idea what's goin
    behind the scenes but I've lost interest now
    unless there is a change soon I'm not bothered no offence
    intended just loved goin out to it and it's not been on so
    what can we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

The lads, were on to me, last week, they were looking for a sunday in december, to run a full day, you would be best to email them, as i dont run the ROE, they just book the site from, so i have no input, in the game.

Paul.

Just off the phone with Sean, The Next Episode: 06/12/2009, on the home page of there web site, http://www.rulesofengagement.ie/

Paul.

• Advertisement

Oh, thanks Paul.

I'm looking forward to the 5 hour format, should be fun.

Howdy all,

Sorry for the total lack of correspondance - no real excuses our side except that things just got away from us for a bit. Sincerest apologies.

There will be one final episode this year to close out the Battle for Smolek. This will be in the form of Op. Valkyrie on which you have all, to some extent, been briefed already.

The preliminary date for the event is the 6th of December although I understand now that this clashes with another event so we are endeavouring to change to Sunday the 13th. We'll let you know if that's doable or not before the weekend is out.

The final episode will be a 5 hour event, from 2pm to 7pm on the Sunday, all things going to plan.

The episode itself is a complex one with quite a few game modifiers in the field which will pave the way for the subsequent story which will follow early next year.

We are also planning on employing the advanced medic system to see how well that works out too.

All-in-all it is shaping up to be a hell of a finish to the story of Smolek!

Again, apologies for dropping off the radar for so long - but I promise we'll have you all back up to speed Monday.

Seán

PS: No offence taken Moggser, we've sat on our hands a bit over the last two weeks so it's our own fault - cheers for making the effort thoughout the story all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cool oth ere.

Unfortunately hawks are booked up on the 6th, so heres hoping its on the 13th :)

I can hold the 13th, could run the full day, if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

extremetaz wrote: »
    PS: No offence taken Moggser, we've sat on our hands a bit over the last two weeks so it's our own fault - cheers for making the effort thoughout the story all the same.

i love the Roe thing and was the highlight of me week every wed but ya stopped it over circumstances out ya hands but i lost a little interest there for a bit as you or Ronan never posted back to let everyone know that it was on or off

in short the 6th or the 13th cant come soon enough as i look forward to it again ....BUT ya'll let me down again and i might have to choke a bitch

Right - Morning all,

6th is definitely out on account of the event clash.

13th doesn't particularly suit Ronan it seems as he's got a shedload of assignments due in the days following - so, he's proposed the 20th.

That's getting very close to christmas though so may not suit everyone - on the other hand, it may actually suit other people better.

Ronan's going to check with Paul to see if this is OK this afternoon and I'll get back to you all after that.

Seán

Right - the 20th is confirmed - I'm updating the site and will post the same in the annoucement forums over there.

Seán

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Calendar updated.

Jebrovia.jpg

Sign up now at http://www.rulesofengagement.ie, join the JNA (Green army) and help free Jebrovia of the invading NATO scum.

The final battle takes place December 20th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to GetActive.ie

• Advertisement

Jebrovia.jpg

Sign up now at http://www.rulesofengagement.ie, join the JNA (Green army) and help free Jebrovia of the invading NATO scum.

lol - that's a class flyer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Jebrovia.jpg

Leg End in your own lunchbox :)

Jebrovia.jpg

To join these rather smashing NATO chaps with their high technology, gucci gear and big airplanes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

T-minus 12 days and counting.

(To be sung to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas)

On the first day of conflict,
    The NATO scum sent to me
    A cake filled with thunder B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

On the first day of conflict,
    The NATO scum sent to me
    A cake filled with thunder B.

On the second day of conflict,
    The NATO scum sent to me
    Two hurtling dum-dums
    And a cake filled with a Thunder B.

On the third day of conflict,
    The NATO scum sent to me
    Three Franchi guns,
    Two hurtling dum-dums

On the fourth day of conflict,
    The NATO scum sent to me
    Four calling "medic!",
    Three Franchi guns,
    Two hurtling dum-dums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

For twelve days of Christmas Doc brought the noize, pain, death and destruction to everything in Jebrovia.....

TheDoc wrote: »
    For twelve days of Christmas Doc brought the noize, pain, death and destruction to everything in Jebrovia.....

You can keep your "noize" mate :D

On the second day of conflict,
    The NATO scum sent to me
    Two bloodied gloves,
    and a cake filled with thunder B.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »

...particularly the NATO forces... :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement