Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Succes Stories on clomid with PCOS

• 20-04-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey there!

Just wondering is there any success stories of people trying to concieve with polycystic ovaries and on clomid. Theres not much info here in Ireland about it. Just thought it would be good to have a support board for those trying like myself. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Hi Bubbles - I'm sure you'll get some replies on this, but there's also a Trying to Conceive forum in Parenting... you might find more people who've had similar experiences there. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Moved from tLL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 markymark79

hey bubbles, i was diagnosed with PCOS in October 06, at the time we were not ttc, as i had mc in March 06. the pregnancy was unplanned and until then i hadnt even thought about having a baby. The doctor recommended that i try lost weight..easier said than done!! Anyway i went off the pill, just to see how my cycle was!! to shorter the story.. i got pregnant in Jan 07 and had the most beautiful baby girl in October 07!!!! no clomid required!!

The advice i have gotten for various people, is lose weight!! it helps with the problems associated with PCOS!!! Best of luck xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boo79

Hi Bubbles
    I've been just diagnosed with pcos last week which i know i have a few years i'm goin on the pill for a month and then i'm startin clomid the following month, there hoping the pill will reduce cysts???
    I'm not that over weight maybe - two stone by there book. They seem to think weight and diet can control pcos??
    Just wondering if your on clomid how are you feeling? I don't know anybody whos been on it before so don't know whats ahead for me. :eek: :eek: good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

boo79 wrote: »
    Hi Bubbles
    I'm not that over weight maybe - two stone by there book. They seem to think weight and diet can control pcos??
    For me reducing my weight by a stone brought my periods back, and my diet is controlling it quite well, but it's always just controlling symptoms, never feel like it's hidden away! GL on clomid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Soldier

i knew a girl i worked with had it and she now has a little girl and a little boy. it did take her 3 yrs for the girl and 2 for the boy. also Jamie olivers wife has it went on clomid and got pregnant with 3 girls. :) i wouldnt worry yet if you are.

another story is Kate Gosselin who has this. i just finished reading her book multiple blessings. she was on injections and got pregnant first with twins and then sextuplets.

www.sixgosselins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TLCBeauty

Hi Bubbles,

Please forgive me cause i am new to this site but i just came across your message about success stories on Clomid. Well my story is i was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 17 yrs old, now i never suffered with the excess weight gain or excess hair but didn't ovulate much at all. I was told in Holles Street that i would most probably need fertility to get pregnant. Now at the age of 17 that didn't really mean much but when it was coming up to my wedding in 2004 i knew that kids were big on our agenda but we said that we would start trying immediately and if nothing happened within 6 months we would go and see a Gynacologist. Not having a period for about 5 months i got one on the morning of my wedding (yes typical) anyway when i came back from my honeymoon i got into exercising alot and about 8 weeks later i was feeling exhausted, you have probably guessed the next part....yes i found out i was pregnant....i couldn't believe it we were thrilled, the weekend of my first wedding anniversary i gave birth to a gorgeous baby boy called Sean. When Sean was about a year old we decided to try again for another baby but after 8 months nothing was happening so spoke to my Gynae doc and he recommended Clomid! We agreed that i would give it a go. I took one Clomid tablet and a month later i found out i was pregnant! we were obviuosly thrilled couldn't believe it happened that easy. When i was 9 weeks pregnant i started having a back ache so i was sent to the early pregnancy unit where i was told i was expecting twins:D!!!!! Yes one tablet!
    In Sept 2007 i gave birth to Eoin and Hannah weighting in at 7lb 7 oz each.

So i hope that i didn't bore you but that was my success story of Clomid.

Regards
    laura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Hi Bubbles,

Have you tried to concieve without Clomid?

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2007. We started trying for a baby in August 2008 and conceived straight away. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in miscarriage in November, but by March I was pregnant again and I'm now 25 weeks and looking forward to meeting our little person in December :D

I've cared for many women in my career who have been very successful in conceiving whilst on clomid, and then there are those who have needed to explore other routes such as IUI/IVF

It seems that in a lot of cases though, many people with PCOS conceive naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi Bubbles

I was diagnosed with PCOS and an underactive thyroid. Was told I would probably need treatment if I wanted to concieve. Wasn't actively trying for a baby but wasn't on the pill either and because I wasn't getting regular periods I thought my chances were slim. Anyway I found out I was 13 weeks pregnant on March 31st.It was a shock but a nice one:D Am now 37 weeks gone and getting very excited!

So basically there is hope as you can see from this post and the others. I think as well worrying can make it not happen too so try to relax;)

Anyhow best of look ttc xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

just came across ur comment whilst looking up info on clomid. ttc since jan 07. on metformin since july 08 and now just started clomid yesterday.. so hopefully it'll work. might sound strange but ive such hot flushes last night and today. but i dont mind now cos just want a baby.... good luck!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boo79

I know how you feel hot flushes are terrible plus hormones are raging. :eek::eek: On 2nd month of clomid and pregnell injections hopefully it will work this month. Or else I have HSG next month dreading that:(:(. Anybody have one of these? Good luck in the next few weeks;);)

yeah have taken all my clomid now and all day today ive twinges and aches around my right ovary so hopefully that means they're working... oh wat we put up with is unreal!!! best of luck

I've been diagnosed with PCOS in June 16 and I started metaformin/gulcophage twice a day 1000mg in total.. no joy with pregnancy in July or August. Doctors told me I never ovulated. Started clomid in September 16 days 5-9 I'm now on cycle day 19 and feeling tired and crampy in my tummy.. done several ovulation tests and got 1 postive out of about 10.. had a clear discharge and got a kidney infection.. going for blood work on Monday to check if I ovulated.. I really hope I get pregnant this month.. I will be testing for pregnancy next weekend.. not sure if it's to early but I'm going to do it anyway.. I'll keep you guys posted if you would like..

Advertisement