Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Blackout Cup discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

League games arent important to me at all as I took over a team with no chance of breaking into the top 4 and no chance of being in the bottom 2.

So all games for me are with NWIM.

Enjoy racking up the big scores though which is what my team should do today aswell !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

My outhalf just executed a move identical to Sextons try against the scarlets last night. This lad is turning into quite the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Just beat the league leaders there with a bonus point 4 tries victory to blow the league wide open.....the top 4 teams are now covered by only 4 points :D Next up its the boards.ie cup clash on Monday vs Meh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

64-0 that's the way it ought to be !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Just beat the league leaders there with a bonus point 4 tries victory to blow the league wide open.....the top 4 teams are now covered by only 4 points :D Next up its the boards.ie cup clash on Monday vs Meh!!!!

When i took over i was miles behind the leaders in 4th place so i decided to make a big push for promotion, every game 100% and havent lost since and have rocketed up to top of the league and will be 5 clear after today. However since i was top last week i have tried to manage my season better with the boards cup in mind i took a chance and played with next weeks match in mind.15-8 down at half time had me regretting my decision but a superb 2nd half although one strewn with errors and poor scrummaging had me come back and win 23 - 15 to extend my lead at the top. Up next is the boards cup then a difficult game against 3rd place and then 2 games against two teams manager less so easy wins there.

My fullback has been my star player even though he has a rating of 1 for both attack and defense but he is only 19 so hopefully he can improve as everything else is satisfactory

66-0 for me today.

not quite as good as last week where I won 77-0 !!!

Only 2 missed tackles for the whole game today which I am happy with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

another bonus point win today altho my team did make a lot of errors. was playing second place team who really put it up to me for 60 mins. promotion only few games away now!

Trippie wrote: »
    When i took over i was miles behind the leaders in 4th place so i decided to make a big push for promotion, every game 100% and havent lost since and have rocketed up to top of the league and will be 5 clear after today. However since i was top last week i have tried to manage my season better with the boards cup in mind i took a chance and played with next weeks match in mind.15-8 down at half time had me regretting my decision but a superb 2nd half although one strewn with errors and poor scrummaging had me come back and win 23 - 15 to extend my lead at the top. Up next is the boards cup then a difficult game against 3rd place and then 2 games against two teams manager less so easy wins there.

My fullback has been my star player even though he has a rating of 1 for both attack and defense but he is only 19 so hopefully he can improve as everything else is satisfactory

Yeah its been difficult trying to manage my season between league and the boards cup. Altho since Ive taken over its been 3 wins and 1 draw (one of those wins was in boards cup) so hopefully I can continue in that form. Todays match was played in terrible conditions so happy to come away with a win against the league leaders. The next match is the boards cup against Meh which should prove testing and then its on to face 6th place in the league before facing the new league leaders. Happy enough with the depth of my squad tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Won 20-7, beating the team behind me so very happy:D

• Advertisement

67 nil to me today.
    I needed that win!

Just looking towards the cup match v rebels on monday, I think my biggest worry is your out half Jack Mulholland but hopefully my 116kg tank out half will take care of him:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

These are the fixtures, which I PMed to all participants...
    The Rebels vs Geraldine RFC

Daveos Masters vs PnG Wanders

Banner Warriors vs Tommy Tigers

Bridge Burners vs Maniachial Matriarchs

Xavi XI vs Polk High

Dead Hard Fcukers vs A Lovely Bunch Altogether

Forza Juve vs The Blackouts

Cork Hurricanes vs Meh

...so why do the managers of Banner Warriors and Bridge Burners have a friendly organised with each other, rather then with Tommy Tigers and Maniachial Matriarchs respectively?

The explanation better be good, as I have my hurley at the ready and I'm more then happy to give fellow Irishmen head-smashings.

Orizio thanks for the last team of the round etc. will you be doing another

ajeffares wrote: »
    Orizio thanks for the last team of the round etc. will you be doing another

When I am finished killing whomever the managers of Banner Warriors and Bridge Burners happen to be, I will. It will be the week after next though, as we will have to have yet another extra round Monday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Orizio wrote: »
    These are the fixtures, which I PMed to all participants...

...so why do the managers of Banner Warriors and Bridge Burners have a friendly organised with each other, rather then with Tommy Tigers and Maniachial Matriarchs respectively?

The explanation better be good, as I have my hurley at the ready and I'm more then happy to give fellow Irishmen head-smashings.

GAA forum is that way -->:p

Tommy Tigers still didn't accept so I accepted Bridge Burners.. I can cancel if needs be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Bridge Burners and Banner Warriors, any updates on the fixtures?

my fault, I thought that I had missread the PM and issued a friendly request to Banner Warriors as well as MM's

You can't cancel friendlies, and why could you not just have waited for Tommy to accept? If he didn't then I would simply have put you through.

So what I now need from both of you is your adresses, and whether you want death by hurley slowly or death by hurley excruciatingly slowly...:D

As I said, we have time to have another round, but further cock-ups like this will mean the team that made the cock-up gets kicked out as there is only 5 rounds of games left.

You can't cancel friendlies, and why could you not just have waited for Tommy to accept? If he didn't then I would simply have put you through.

So what I now need from both of you is your adresses, and whether you want death by hurley slowly or death by hurley excruciatingly slowly...:D

As I said, we have time to have another round, but further cock-ups like this will mean the team that made the cock-up gets kicked out as there is only 5 rounds of games left.

Damn that means 2 weeks till the next round

Afraid so, unless people want us to simply kick out Bridge Burners and Banner Warriors.

There are plenty of weeks left so I say let them play this one out.

However, if I get thru the next round and one of those teams beats me, I will not be impressed :D

(I'm also off on hols so it suits me to have a week off too !!)

• Advertisement

I can drop out if that helps

fenris wrote: »
    I can drop out if that helps

Quiet you, the grown ups are talking. :p

jprender wrote: »
    There are plenty of weeks left so I say let them play this one out.

However, if I get thru the next round and one of those teams beats me, I will not be impressed :D

(I'm also off on hols so it suits me to have a week off too !!)

This is my feeling as well; however I feel they need to be punished. A fiver to everyone on this thread perhaps?

Yeah a fiver to all managers should do the trick. :pac:

Cant have any more mistakes going forward though.

This is my feeling as well; however I feel they need to be punished. A fiver to everyone on this thread perhaps?

And bed time 10 minutes earlier tonight:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

5euro.jpg

Typical Corkman.. selling himself for more than he's worth! :P

ItsOn.jpg

After Round 1 here are the updated odds for the cup and the next round of fixtures :p

Win Outright

The Blackouts 4/1
    dead hard fcukers 9/2
    Meh 9/2
    XaviXI 5/1
    polk high 11/2
    Geraldine RFC 6/1
    A Lovely Bunch Altogether 13/2
    Cork Hurricanes 7/1
    The Rebels 15/2
    Forza Juve 15/2
    The Banner Warriors 8/1
    Bridge Burners 10/1
    Daveos Masters 10/1
    PnG Wanders 16/1
    tommy's tigers 16/1
    Maniacal Matriarchs 16/1

Last 16 Fixtures

Geraldine RFC 6/5
    The Rebels 7/5

Daveos Masters 6/4
    PnG Wanders 2/1

The Banner Warriors Evens
    tommy's tigers 2/1

Maniacal Matriarchs 9/4
    Bridge Burners 7/4

XaviXI 11/10
    polk high 6/5

dead hard fcukers 6/4
    A Lovely Bunch Altogether 2/1

Forza Juve 7/4
    The Blackouts 11/10

Cork Hurricanes 2/1
    Meh 6/4

And yes I do have waaay too much time on my hands :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

How did you work out the odds?

I'll take me at 10-1.... ;)

Ah its fairly rough odds. Fairly tight since the teams aint played that much yet. Just based it loosely on the first round scores. Those teams who had no match are unknown so their big odds could still be gr8 value. As for the individual fixtures, they are based on the outright odds but again are fairly tight seeing as the teams are all fairly new and not much form to go by except for some league data.

I will be interested to see how good my odds are after tonights games :D I'd definitely be lumping on me at 7/1...much too long odds....I hope :p

• Advertisement

I will be interested to see how good my odds are after tonights games :D I'd definitely be lumping on me at 7/1...much too long odds....I hope :p

I'll throw a tenner on ya aswell! :pac:

Here we go! :)

Winning 10-0 against PnG Wanders. Having a good game so far.

This is a cracking match Cork Hurricanes vs Meh. End to end stuff. Up 21 to 13 after 25 mins. Nerve racking tho!!!

Wow, high scoring stuff!

My game is much closer.10-5

Up 42 to 13 at the break....I'm impressed with my backs, they really opened up in the final 15 mins of that half :D Keep it up lads!!!! G'wan the Hurricanes!!

Up 17-10 at half time. Close game.

Xavi is teaching me a lesson at the min. its only 8-0 to him but i cant get out of my half. pity you cant make substitutions but i suppose il just have to put the fear of god into the players at the break.

Winning 14-7 at the break, came back from 7-0 down

• Advertisement

Very error strewn start to the 2nd half in my game

54 to 13...Malone is running the show here for the Hurricanes :D Hope you got some of that 7/1 Noopti :pac:

Damn they scored but didn't convert, im 14-12 up. Tight match

21 - 0 to me in the game that shouldn't be!

Cork Hurricanes/Meh is a close game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Andwhitey

Hey !!!
    I have just started Boards and have been playing Black out rugby for few weeks with Boger RFC and I'm really enjoying it !!!!
    But I'm in no cup and I was wondering if I could be in the next Boards Black out rugby Cup !!!!

• Advertisement

I'm getting hammered! :(

what do i need?...posession of the fecking ball!!!! 18-0 down now and cant get near the ball.

Im in trouble holding on to the lead

Up 32-10 now.

That is some score Mike!

Noopti wrote: »
    Up 32-10 now.

That is some score Mike!

My fecking kicker can't kick!

He was really good up until last week.
    More training for him I guess.

Edit: Those game stats are depressing :(