Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Blackout Cup discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Theres a lot of talk of people having good full backs on here. this is the rating my guy got in the last match where he scored 5 tries...yes 5 tries!

Pascual Villa .15
    Godly (Above potential)

But saying that Xavi, i just had a look at your team and looks like old pascual there will have to be godly again to make the next round. Should be a close game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I have said it before, but the full-back almost always gets vastly superior ratings to every else on the team for reasons unknown to me, so I wouldn't read too much into it. You can play your very worst back there and still he will get a better rating then the rest of the backs playing, lower CSR/attributes and all.

How are people doing regarding promotion - I know there are a fair few ie boards teams here high up in the promotion tables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

But saying that Xavi, i just had a look at your team and looks like old pascual there will have to be godly again to make the next round. Should be a close game.

He's a good oul skin but tbh I think we're the weaker side overall going into the game. Good experience for the boys etc etc.

Currently top of our leage by 4 points with 7 wins and a defeat. I'm in 15th spot on the promotion table for Division IV so need to keep winning.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I think we're the weaker side overall going into the game.

Hah i think we're bout like kidney now down playing our own sides.

im top of my league by 6 points but playing 2nd place team next so its important one.

Best XV Of The Round:
    1.Louch (Polk High)
    2. Hennessy (Banner Warriors)
    3. Freeney (Meh)
    4. Dorgan (Bridge Burners)
    5. Tokotaua (Polk High)

6. Ramsey (Cork Hurricanes)
    8. Haworth (Dead Hard Fcukers))
    7. Peyton (A Lovely Bunch Altogether)

9. Thompson (The Blackouts)
    10. Mulholland (The Rebels)

12. Malone (Cork Hurricanes)
    13. Johnston (Banner Warriors
    11. Hamo (Daveos Masters)
    14. MacNiece (Xavi XV)
    15. Mullins (Geraldine RFC)

Best Lineout: Cork Hurricanes

Best Scrum: Banner Warriors

Best Attack: Blackouts

Best Defence: Daveos Masters

Top Try Scorer: Freeney 2 (Meh)
    Stewart 2 (Daveos Masters)
    MacBreheny 2 (Polk High)
    Villa 2 (Polk High)
    MacNiece 2 (Xavi XV)
    Ferry 2 (Cork Hurricanes)
    Ennis 2 (Dead Hard Fcukers)
    Voyle 2 (Dead Hard Fcukers)
    Burns 2 (Banner Warriors)

Top Point Scorer: MacNiece 19 (Xavi XV)

Player Of The Round: Mulholland (The Rebels)

Team Of The Round: Polk High

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Orizio wrote: »
    How are people doing regarding promotion - I know there are a fair few ie boards teams here high up in the promotion tables.

I'm not up there.... yet lol. 58th in the table but only 5 points adrift. Somehow when I play LTNT I lose but if I play WNWIM or normally.... no sure I've figured out this game yet :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Best Defence: Daveos Masters

Always build a good team on good defense lads. ;)
    I have Kissy helping me out....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Friendly accepted, just looking at the rebels team: three players above 10000 csr, I'll be counting on my stars like
    icon.player.png[URL="javascript:get('player=5405287');"]Terry Lavis[/URL]
    17 years old | 15,074 CSR
    and
    icon.player.png[URL="javascript:get('player=5400937');"]Liam Boylan[/URL]
    19 years old | 17,390 CSR
    to have a big game:)

Oh yeah btw im selling this guy,
    icon.player.png[URL="javascript:get('player=5400918');"]Adam Harkin[/URL] (For Sale)
    24 years old | 10,099 CSR | 176 cm | 114 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Average')"]average[/URL] form, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('fitness','Perfect')"]perfect[/URL] energy levels.
    A [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Collected')"]collected[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Rebellious')"]rebellious[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Limited')"]limited[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Non-Existent')"]non-existent[/URL] experience.
    Stamina:[URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Horrible')"]Horrible[/URL]03.gif
    Handling:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Reputable')"]Reputable[/URL]09.gif
    Attack:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Reputable')"]Reputable[/URL]09.gif
    Defense:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Average')"]Average[/URL]06.gif
    Technique:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Satisfactory')"]Satisfactory[/URL]07.gif
    Strength:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Decent')"]Decent[/URL]08.gif
    Jumping:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Horrible')"]Horrible[/URL]03.gif
    Speed:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Limited')"]Limited[/URL]04.gif
    Agility:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Despicable')"]Despicable[/URL]02.gif
    Kicking:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Limited')"]Limited[/URL]04.gif

Pretty good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

How the hell do you lads get such good players? ^^

• Advertisement

:D

ya, training and transfer market bargains

The transfer market, you'd be suprise how good a player you can buy with 1 euro. ;)

Anyone looking for a friendly? Munster Mark II

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

friendly requested ;)

CoDy1 wrote: »
    friendly requested ;)
    and accepted... cheers Cody *s

Bridge Burners and Banner Warriors, any updates on the fixtures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Bridge Burners and Banner Warriors, any updates on the fixtures?

He requested but I rejected because I'm to be the home team. I requested but haven't gotten a response as of yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Hey guys anyone up for a friendly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Sorry about the delay - just figured out how to send an invite!

Important league game for me today, a must win.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

League games arent important to me at all as I took over a team with no chance of breaking into the top 4 and no chance of being in the bottom 2.

So all games for me are with NWIM.

Enjoy racking up the big scores though which is what my team should do today aswell !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

My outhalf just executed a move identical to Sextons try against the scarlets last night. This lad is turning into quite the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Just beat the league leaders there with a bonus point 4 tries victory to blow the league wide open.....the top 4 teams are now covered by only 4 points :D Next up its the boards.ie cup clash on Monday vs Meh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

64-0 that's the way it ought to be !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Just beat the league leaders there with a bonus point 4 tries victory to blow the league wide open.....the top 4 teams are now covered by only 4 points :D Next up its the boards.ie cup clash on Monday vs Meh!!!!

When i took over i was miles behind the leaders in 4th place so i decided to make a big push for promotion, every game 100% and havent lost since and have rocketed up to top of the league and will be 5 clear after today. However since i was top last week i have tried to manage my season better with the boards cup in mind i took a chance and played with next weeks match in mind.15-8 down at half time had me regretting my decision but a superb 2nd half although one strewn with errors and poor scrummaging had me come back and win 23 - 15 to extend my lead at the top. Up next is the boards cup then a difficult game against 3rd place and then 2 games against two teams manager less so easy wins there.

My fullback has been my star player even though he has a rating of 1 for both attack and defense but he is only 19 so hopefully he can improve as everything else is satisfactory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

66-0 for me today.

not quite as good as last week where I won 77-0 !!!

Only 2 missed tackles for the whole game today which I am happy with.

another bonus point win today altho my team did make a lot of errors. was playing second place team who really put it up to me for 60 mins. promotion only few games away now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Trippie wrote: »
    When i took over i was miles behind the leaders in 4th place so i decided to make a big push for promotion, every game 100% and havent lost since and have rocketed up to top of the league and will be 5 clear after today. However since i was top last week i have tried to manage my season better with the boards cup in mind i took a chance and played with next weeks match in mind.15-8 down at half time had me regretting my decision but a superb 2nd half although one strewn with errors and poor scrummaging had me come back and win 23 - 15 to extend my lead at the top. Up next is the boards cup then a difficult game against 3rd place and then 2 games against two teams manager less so easy wins there.

My fullback has been my star player even though he has a rating of 1 for both attack and defense but he is only 19 so hopefully he can improve as everything else is satisfactory

Yeah its been difficult trying to manage my season between league and the boards cup. Altho since Ive taken over its been 3 wins and 1 draw (one of those wins was in boards cup) so hopefully I can continue in that form. Todays match was played in terrible conditions so happy to come away with a win against the league leaders. The next match is the boards cup against Meh which should prove testing and then its on to face 6th place in the league before facing the new league leaders. Happy enough with the depth of my squad tho :D

Won 20-7, beating the team behind me so very happy:D

• Advertisement

67 nil to me today.
    I needed that win!

Advertisement