Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3.5: New Vegas

Options
  • 20-04-2009 3:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://kotaku.com/5219584/new-fallout-announced

Interesting: not an entirely new sequel but more Fallout is certainly to be welcomed. I do think this smells a little of 'quickie cash-in follow up' though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

http://kotaku.com/5219584/new-fallout-announced

Interesting: not an entirely new sequel but more Fallout is certainly to be welcomed. I do think this smells a little of 'quickie cash-in follow up' though.

Its from the makers of Knights of the Old Republic 2. Do YOU think that was a 'quickie cash-in follow up'? :mad:

Seriously though it'll probably just mean that they use the same engine and create their own stories within it, just like in KOTOR 2. I'll be getting it anyway, but then I am a bit of a fallout junkie. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Next two games will be Fallout: New Miama and Fallout: New New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Fallout: Chinatown Wars?

Actually, what was the last DLC like? I got put-off by Operation Anchorage and so never bothered with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Delighted by this news.

KOTOR2 wasn't as bad as people made out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

KOTOR 2 wasn't finished, I have a bad feeling this will go the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Looking forward to it as well.

Probably my GOTY.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd rather they fix and patch up Fallout 3 so it doesn't rival STALKER for the "most broken AAA game", than announce a new game. The developer does spark my interest, so I'll keep an eye out.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I had no issues with Fallout 3 at all on the PC, of recent games for me its been the most bug free.

Aside from which this new Fallout isn't being made by the same developers as Fallout 3.

Aside from the aside from a new Stalker expansion was announced a few days back as well called "Call of Pripyat" also there was word that a full blown sequel is the in the works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd rather they fix and patch up Fallout 3 so it doesn't rival STALKER for the "most broken AAA game", than announce a new game. The developer does spark my interest, so I'll keep an eye out.
    Ran great for me. :P

I'll no doubt get this anyway, but hopefully it'll be something more than the same game set in a different place. Sure we might get lucky and they may actually inject a bit of humour in the game this time around to make it more like the original Fallouts.

humanji wrote: »
    Ran great for me. :P

I'll no doubt get this anyway, but hopefully it'll be something more than the same game set in a different place. Sure we might get lucky and they may actually inject a bit of humour in the game this time around to make it more like the original Fallouts.

Agreed. A handful of freezes in 50 hours of gameplay, game autosaves anyway so they are never really problematic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

noodler wrote: »
    Agreed. A handful of freezes in 50 hours of gameplay, game autosaves anyway so they are never really problematic.
    Well bully for you like :p But I, like a lot of people have got a fair few hangs, crashes and in general Fallout 3 feels ... broken?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

In fairness with ever new game released on the PC these days they are nearly always accussed of being the buggest game evar!

Forums are awash with people having technical problems but thats always been the case as people without problems don't tend to post that they are having a smooth run, probably too busy enjoying there game.

Have you tried looking at the Fallout 3 guide at tweakguides.com http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

Azza wrote: »
    In fairness with ever new game released on the PC these days they are nearly always accussed of being the buggest game evar!

Forums are awash with people having technical problems but thats always been the case as people without problems don't tend to post that they are having a smooth run, probably too busy enjoying there game.

Have you tried looking at the Fallout 3 guide at tweakguides.com http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html
    I thought Fallout 3 was particularly bad, though in fairness it never plumbed the depths of having to patch the game before it was even released like some PC games. Yeah I scanned the tweakguides but aside from stabilty issues I just got fed up with the various game / mission bugs. The mod community is, as ever, to the rescue on those scores mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

The old makers of fallout (their name has slipped mymenory) are working on Fallout: Online (Apparentely out July 2010). One can only assume it's going to be top down, but Fallout 3 Online would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

Ah, PC version eh?

Thank god for consoles on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

giggsy664 wrote: »
    The old makers of fallout (their name has slipped mymenory)

Black Isle Studios :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

giggsy664 wrote: »
    The old makers of fallout (their name has slipped mymenory) are working on Fallout: Online (Apparentely out July 2010). One can only assume it's going to be top down, but Fallout 3 Online would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

That may not happen now. See here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/04/16/fallout-online-offline/

Wouldn't a MMO of Fallout, populated with tens of thousands of people, be slightly wrong given the setting of the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wouldn't a MMO of Fallout, populated with tens of thousands of people, be slightly wrong given the setting of the games?

I doubt it would be populated by tens of thousands of people. Not for very long anyways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

Well even if Interplay did make it, there would be no Brian Fargo (think he would rather eat his children) and no Chris Avellone thats for sure. So just because Interplay make it, doesnt mean it will make it closer or on par with the original.

• Advertisement

I doubt it would be populated by tens of thousands of people. Not for very long anyways :D
    Well that's true; the genre seems a massive graveyard of defunct MMOs, one would suspect the sanity of anyone dipping their toes in those waters.

Advertisement