Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

airsofthacks.com - 3 Round Burst Testing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Thanks for that, I'm thinking I'll allow it to be user-programmable (in increments of 500/1000), although I'm wary of making the amount of options too complex otherwise no one will be able to use the bloody thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I read about those tests, most of the HK416 stoppages were from one rifle iirc, so it was a faulty unit, the real life reliability would be better than the stats there I'd imagine.

How does this sound?

Assuming a gun which will jam once every 2 thousand rounds under optimum conditions (no prolonged bursts or full auto fire) and about once every 500 rounds under heavy use.

So we start with a probability of 1 in 1000

Every time we pull the trigger, the probability of a jam increases. (up to a maximum of 1 in 500)

For every 10 seconds that passes that we dont pull the trigger, the probability of a jam decreases. (up to a minimum of 1 in 2000)

Hopefully I've explained this clearly, all the numbers can be fairly easily altered to better reflect realistic values, this is just the defaults im going with to test this atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Sounds good - and nicely ties in to the old notion that if you abuse it it'll abuse you. I think trying to program better/worse reliability depending on the aeg type (to reflect real world reliability issues) would be a nightmare.

Well yea, if you wanted better reliability from an AK than from an M4 etc... etc... you're getting into a world of far too many unknowns. For the few people who will actually use the random jams functionality, it's not worth the effort to be honest. (although I am now tempted to use it in one of my own AEGs, see how it feels knowing that a gun jam could happen at any time.)

So, I'm fairly happy with how this is going so far, and I would like to see it get into some guns and be tested.

If anyone is interested, I'm offering pre-release tester units for less than cost price at €30 each. There will be a maximum of 5 available and will be available strictly on a first come first served basis.

The only thing I ask is that you are able to install a mosfet yourself and can provide me with details of your setup (AEG make, model, battery type, modifications to the AEG) and you are willing to email me details of your experience with the unit.

Retail price if/when I start to sell production versions of these will likely be somewhere in the region of €80.

Once I receive payment for 5, I will order the components, these should take no more than a week to arrive and once assembled and programmed I will post the unit out to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'll take one.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I'll take one.

That's the first one gone to Leftyflip, PM me for paypal details good sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

I'm interested. I'll take 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I'll take one Keith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i sent you a pm there keith about takin one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I'll grab one off you as well Keith. Been working on MOSFET's myself recently so I'd love to get my hands on something like this.

Parts have arrived :)

Put together the first of the prototype batch this evening, installed into my p90 but my batteries are dead so haven't been able to test it yet. (charging right now)

I know there is some tweaking to be done with the automatic timing adjustment, but once that's done I hope to be sending out tester units to those who have paid by end of next week or early the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

If the 5 prototypes aren't gone I'd love to try one out.

Let me know !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement