Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access MOTOR forum

Options
  • 20-04-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Dear Help Desk,

I have been a registered user of boards for a couple of years now. It has come in handy at times by the way. Thanks.

My problem is that I cannot access the Motor forum and i'm not sure I ever could. When I am not signed in, I can access the forum. But when I do sign in, I cannot gain access. Can you help please?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Before the update of this site, you were banned from Motors.
    Drop a PM to the Mods of that forum and ask them if it is possible for you to regain access.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Before the update of this site, you were banned from Motors.
    Drop a PM to the Mods of that forum and ask them if it is possible for you to regain access.

Banned? I wasn't aware of this. I just viewed all of my posts and threads and I can't find any reason why I could possibly have been banned from MOTORS. Besides.... are bans not usually a temporary thing unless it's serious? It has been a long time according to my last MOTORS post since i've been able to access the forum. Can yo shed some light o this? I don't even know how to contact the mod.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

goz83 wrote: »
    Can yo shed some light o this?

Fraid not. It happened before the site update so there are no details.
    Sorry.
    I don't even know how to contact the mod.

Every user name has a drop down menu, click on the Mod of that forum's and drop him a private message.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's strange, because you've only posted once in the Motors forum and you don't seem to have been banned for it, or at least there was no mod comment that you were banned.

Try dropping a PM to kbannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

That's strange, because you've only posted once in the Motors forum and you don't seem to have been banned for it, or at least there was no mod comment that you were banned.

Try dropping a PM to kbannon.

Thanks Hullaballoo. I'll try this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement