Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troublesome neighbours.

Options
  • 20-04-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I've been having alot of trouble with the young couple who live above us in a small apartment block.
    Basically they are kids who have a permanent ' free gaff '
    They're friends come over a couple times a week and drink till 6 or 7 in the morning.
    They can't hadnle their drink and there is always trouble.... fighting, screaming, things smashing, door slamming.
    Our buzzer has been rang at four in the morning by their drunk mates, stones have been thrown at our windows at three in the morning.

This is bad, but made all the worse by the fact we have an 11 month old baby. Before we moved here he was doing great sleeping and was such a happy little chap. Now his sleep is broken and he is cranky during the day.
    We both work hard so it's not easy when we cant get much sleep a couple times a week.

This couple also have a baby, who is sometimes not there and sometimes is there when all this is going on.

I've been up to them complaining but they still carry on as if their knacker drinking in the fields.

I've been on to my landlord who has made 2 written complaints to the management company who have told him to keep everything in writing and when they have three complaints they will put in an eviction notice.

Is this right ? Can they managment force their landlord to evict ?
    I know it's hard to get people out but I'm really hoping they can get them out, they are doing my head in.

I also know that she is claiming single mother's and he is not supposed to be there.... this makes it more frustrating for us as they are not paying rent and so have no respect for the apt.... other than this I love the apt and it's close to my mam who minds our son when I'm at work.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

There's not a lot more you can do although if your landlord has been told by the management company that they will be evicted after a third complaint, that's a lot more than a lot of companies will do.

Hold on until the 3rd complaint goes in and they're turfed out. Your alternatives are to ring the Guards when there's a lot of noise going on in the early hours, or move yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

stick with the rules in the short-term. people like that calm down or get evicted

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I also know that she is claiming single mother's and he is not supposed to be there....

Have you reported this to the dept of social welfare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭bobbiw

i would call social welfare they are looking to save money so they should stop her benefits.

I think people like that are the scum of the earth.

You could also try leaving a stereo on very loud when you go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bobbiw wrote: »
    You could also try leaving a stereo on very loud when you go to work.
    May not be constructive and may annoy other neighbours.

OP, try to get some audio / video evidence - make sure the date and time are correct.

If the party spills into the common areas, you should be able to involve the Garda, but they generally can't get involved if they stay in their apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Victor wrote: »
    you should be able to involve the Garda, but they generally can't get involved if they stay in their apartment.

you wouldnt say that if you were at any of my parties that got broken up by them:p

Agree with above use the rules, record and report. Perhaps talk to a fellow suffering neighbour & see if they feel the same... more the better:D

Just complain to the landlord & ring the cops...

If the landlord wont do anything threaten to move out and report to the prtb, its a renters market at the mo

best of luck

Advertisement