Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWF problems in Dreamweaver!

Options
  • 20-04-2009 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm using Adobe Flash CS3 and Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. I've exported an swf from flash and embedded into my html using insert>media>flash and it previews in browser but when uploaded onto the web the swf doesn't appear at all, it's not even apparent that it should be there.

The swf is uploaded via ftp and you can view the swf by typing in its url but don't understand why it wont play in the uploaded html page!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Is it being blocked by a proxy or filter? flash files are resource intensive and many organisations block them from being accessed,

post or pm the url for the webite and swf and I'll take a look at it for you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Make sure the path to the SWF in your HTML isn't a complete local path to the file. Basically generally ensure the path is as per the server directory structure.

This might cause it to display locally but not once uploaded.

Advertisement