Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Arsenal Sky Sports 1 8:00 Tuesday 21st

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Without a doubt, the most undesreved draw in the history of football. Even Aston Villa played better than Arsenal at Anfield. In no way did Arsenal even deserve a draw from this game. Anyone who claims this was a fair result should be brought off by the retard police for being, infact, a retard. Liverpool are superior to Arsenal in every aspect, bar a stadium.

Boo! That is Football mate, what a match,

Liam O wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Score a goal after going down in the 90th minute and still complain about winning? Liverpool may have been superior, but they are the lucky ones

Jaysus, your posts are filled with bitterness even when ye get a favourable result !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Absolutely gutted. Liverpool gave absolutely everything, i've never seen a team work so hard. We deserved better to be honest, but that's life. Players deserved their ovation at the end.
    You dominated posession yet only drew. That's what you deserve. We had significantly less posession and matched the 4 goals. I think both teams deserve what they got.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Hope he works out better for you lot than the last Arsenal player to score 4 at Anfield.:)

I think he will :) He has been brilliant for us, can't believe he has only been in the premiership for a couple of months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Stekelly wrote: »
    Hope he works out better for you lot than the last Arsenal player to score 4 at Anfield.:)
    Think it's safe to say that he will. He's a quality player. Next season when he's fully fit and up to speed with the Premiership, he will be absolutely lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Shockin defending has cost 'pool big time in the last 2 games. Lack of concentration at key moments. Gutted.

Must be awesome stuff for the neutral though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Abigayle wrote: »
    /lifts Pool jersey

gtfo Arsh :(

Ya wah? :confused:

I'm wrecked, and my shirt is soaked from sweat :p:D what a match :) I love Football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Well done Arsenal, great display missing 5 first team players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Beau x1 wrote: »
    You dominated posession yet only drew. That's what you deserve. We had significantly less posession and matched the 4 goals. I think both teams deserve what they got.

dominated possession, had much, much more of the game flow in our direction, created a bucket load of chances that weren't taken, including efforts cleared off the line.

Ultimately, one side was far better than the other in every respect other than the scoreboard. Meh, that's football of course. You are allowed to be rubbish and still get a result.

Goals on SSN @ 22.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Ah yeah but to be fair Arsenal were missing 3 of their first choice back 5

i know but at the same time it's ironic that the worst pieces of defending came from arguably the best player in Sagna. Arsenal as a team just can't withstand being under-pressure like that, more due to Wenger's mentality and the team setup than players. did you see him taking off Bendtner? taking off the only player who might possibly win those hoofed hopeful clearances? handed pool the last goal really, had he stayed on they might have been able to hold the ball further up the pitch for longer. they just lose their composure under such sustained pressure, it's clear to me that Wenger just doesn't do enough work in that area. that's why they wont win a title anytime soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Did no one tell Arshavin that nearly every one but Man Utd fans would prefer Liverpool to win the league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

keane2097 wrote: »
    I would like to restate, at this point, my calls for a facepalm smiley.

Spake proper will ya?

. that's why they wont win a title anytime soon.

I'm making a note of this ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

blinding wrote: »
    Did no one tell Arshavin that nearly every one but Man Utd fans would prefer Liverpool to win the league.

imo most irish neutrals would prefer liverpool not to win the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Imagine 4-4 result would have got you 100/1 in the bookies but who could have predicted that score ?

Arshavin ...great player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    dominated possession, had much, much more of the game flow in our direction, created a bucket load of chances that weren't taken, including efforts cleared off the line.

Ultimately, one side was far better than the other in every respect other than the scoreboard. Meh, that's football of course. You are allowed to be rubbish and still get a result.
    Ya could also say that Arsenal were more clinical and took the chances they were handed*, Arsenal had chances and took them, Liverpool didn't. Thats the facts. We were severely under strength tonight and still scored 4 at Anfield. 3 of liverpools goals came from bad defending so its not really valid to state they deserved to win because of them.

*I was going to say created but decided not to.

Quazzie wrote: »
    and premiership titles.

Sorry, football started in 92/93 did it?? So what happened before then doesn't matter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

blinding wrote: »
    Did nobody tell Carragher & Arbeloa they had to defend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Jaysus, your posts are filled with bitterness even when ye get a favourable result !

How was it bitter, just stating that Liverpool could very easily have lost this game if it wasn't for a slice of luck and to complain about getting a draw is wrong imo. Still well within his rights though...

the story of Arsenal's last few seasons. welcome to the club :P

m@cc@ wrote: »
    They patrol your area often?

No cos i live in Ireland, not Holland.

Latchy wrote: »
    Imagine 4-4 result would have got you 100/1 in the bookies but who could have predicted that score ?

If you had put money on 4 - 4 before kickoff you would be terrible at gambling. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

i know but at the same time it's ironic that the worst pieces of defending came from arguably the best player in Sagna. Arsenal as a team just can't withstand being under-pressure like that, more due to Wenger's mentality and the team setup than players. did you see him taking off Bendtner? taking off the only player who might possibly win those hoofed hopeful clearances? handed pool the last goal really, had he stayed on they might have been able to hold the ball further up the pitch for longer. they just lose their composure under such sustained pressure, it's clear to me that Wenger just doesn't do enough work in that area. that's why they wont win a title anytime soon.

Definitely, was a major problem earlier in the season. Complete inability to defend a lead. Any pressure put on them and they fold, every time.

Latchy wrote: »

http://baodientu.com/143/1431205894000/images/news_2397_0.jpg

Sorry, football started in 92/93 did it?? So what happened before then doesn't matter!!

not really actually. Plenty of big clubs with big histories have fallen to the way side. the only thing that matters is the game in hand. Both teams fell short on this occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Boggles wrote: »
    Well done Arsenal, great display missing 5 first team players.

yeah and had the likes of Adebayor and van Persie started where do you think Arshavin would have been; on the bench like he was in the cup semi-final watch adebayor fall over himself about 20 times :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Score a goal after going down in the 90th minute and still complain about not winning? Liverpool may have been superior, but they are the lucky ones

Liverpool the lucky ones, you clearly either: don't understand the definition of luck; or you didn't watch the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

No, The Premiership did. Judging by some of your posts it was probably before you were born.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

This season has thrown up some twists and turns but I've to agree with Headshot in that there's gonna be more, with the Champions Leagues fixture having the biggest influence, I think. We look like we're setup to make a final push. Yossi is in the form of his life, Gerrard the same, Alonso. Torres all super. I think both Utd and Liverpool may have discounted the games against Arsenal as it the other games where the Premier League will be lost.

Onwards and upwards I say. Roll on the run-in and well done lads for the most entertaining games over the last 2 fixtures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

If you had put money on 4 - 4 before kickoff you would be terrible at gambling. ;)

A friend of mine won 2 grand on the pool chelsea game and a grand on this.

I sencerly hope he gambles his way into poverty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I wish someone would just break Bendtner leg. He really is a terrible player, and its gonna take a horrible injury for Wenger to stop playing him.

Was thinking that all match....

However just took a look at BBC....

Mark Lawrenson on BBC 5 Live: "I'll tell you who has impressed me tonight: Bendtner. He's had a good game."

:eek:

Define "good"....

Wow, that was some match! Calamitous defending at times made me weep. The Arsenal lads will be disappointed to lose, but can't really say they deserved 3 points from that.

BTW, anyone hear the Liverpool fans booing every time Arsenal hoofed the ball clear or lifted the ball off the ground? And then cheered each time the ball was hoofed up to Torres! :eek: Unbelieveable

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I'm pissed off man, I probably shouldn't be, what a game though, I think we deserved to win but at the same time as someone said we were lucky to get the draw at the same time, still, when Nwankwo Kanu scores 4 tomorrow we'll be right back in the race no bother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Great game. Gutted Arsenal could not hold on, but ill take the result. I suppose we can safely say that the title is United's to lose now.

I'm telling ya one or two defensive signings and Arsenal will be back up there next year! I also echo that most neutrals would rather united than liverpool win the league. Better the devil you know than you dont.

Anyway great game.

To me Sagna didnt look right at all. Probably hasnt fully recovered from the virus he had. He look wrecked at the end of the match. Goes to show how **** eboue is though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Wow, what a match. Being a Liverpool fan really does blow your freakin head off at times.

Hard to take in terms of the title race, but ...Liverpool's form guide:

WWWWWD

If that ended up being

WWWWWDWWWWW with tonight's draw against Arsenal slap in the middle there, can you really say as a Liverpool fan that they didn't give it all they could in the run in?

Fair play to the players, they have not stopped going for the last month, and it's great to see the kind of hunger that gives you 95th minute goals.

Oh to see Torres fit for the whole season. Fingers crossed he will absolutely murder everyone next season.

As for this season, United with 7 to play. 2 losses from that possible? Who the frak knows, the way things are going. An amazing run in to an entertaining season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

fantastic match just a pitty again a ref ruins another game

i think liverpool can count themselves very very lucky

arsenal sublime in front of goal cool calm and collective but a shambles at the back

liverpool just a shambles and completely bottled it in the first half

where the hell did them 5 mins come from

Liverpool the lucky ones, you clearly either: don't understand the definition of luck; or you didn't watch the match.

Arsenal took the lead 3 times in the match and threw it away, the last goal going in immediately after Arsenal had taken the lead, either you don't understand the definition of luck, or you are just blind

jank wrote: »
    I'm telling ya one or two defensive signings and Arsenal will be back up there next year!

To me Sagna didnt look right at all. Probably hasnt fully recovered from the virus he had.

+1

• Advertisement

A friend of mine won 2 grand on the pool chelsea game and a grand on this.

I sencerly hope he gambles his way into poverty.

Being results orientated when gambling is a big mistake. If he keeps backing 4 - 4 draw type bets he will most certainly gamble himself into a long term loss on sports betting. ;)

Good for him though, nice when you ding a hopeful punt. No doubt about that.

spockety wrote: »
    Wow, what a match. Being a Liverpool fan really does blow your freakin head off at times.

WWWWWD

If that ended up being

WWWWWDWWWWW with tonight's draw against Arsenal slap in the middle there, can you really say as a Liverpool fan that they didn't give it all they could in the run in?

Fair play to the players, they have not stopped going for the last month, and it's great to see the kind of hunger that gives you 95th minute goals.

Oh to see Torres fit for the whole season. Fingers crossed he will absolutely murder everyone next season.

As for this season, United with 7 to play. 2 losses from that possible? Who the frak knows, the way things are going. An amazing run in to an entertaining season.

with defending like that I highly doubt Liverpool will go the rest of the season without dropping points. Still they have been good recently so who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

WWWWWD

If that ended up being

Perhaps if we'd not lost to Liverpool and Fulham. Beat Portsmouth after the current run of grinding out results then I can't see us losing it to be honest...still, never know.

ntlbell wrote: »

arsenal sublime in front of goal cool calm and collective but a shambles at the back

Suprise suprise

No, The Premiership did. Judging by some of your posts it was probably before you were born.

Well seen as I was born in 86, thats your theory out the window. The Premiership started in 92/93 and ended in 06/07. The Premier League started in 07/08, so going on Premier Legaue titles both clubs have the same, only Utd have won the Premier League. If a change of name matters to you that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

jank wrote: »
    To me Sagna didnt look right at all. Probably hasnt fully recovered from the virus he had. He look wrecked at the end of the match. Goes to show how **** eboue is though.
    I was thinking that myself. Looked a bit dodge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

You be surprised the amount of people who will put a quid on a 2-2 3-3 4-4 score .

As the goals go in your payout goes up .;)

Septic peg doesn't come into it :cool:

Of course you'll be lucky to get one or two 4-4 scores in a season .

Arsenal took the lead 3 times in the match and threw it away, the last goal going in immediately after Arsenal had taken the lead, either you don't understand the definition of luck, or you are just blind

tbh arsenal play that way all the time they don't believe in shutting up shop

and that attitude has to be admired

otherwise you could be watching the other two boring sides week in week out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

As well as Utd having to lose twice Liverpool have to win all five games as well. Couple of toughies in there. West Ham away and even Hull this weekend won't be a cakewalk.

Current odds from Betfair:

Man Utd 1.22
    Liverpool 8.0
    Chelsea 16.5

ntlbell wrote: »

lol_wut.jpg

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Suprise suprise

fantastic post.

what were you suprised about exactly?

a ref pulling 5 mins out of no where?

ruling perfectly good goals offside?

explain.

• Advertisement