Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Arsenal Sky Sports 1 8:00 Tuesday 21st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Boring boring Arsenal ftw

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol_wut.jpg

How many nationalities of that picture do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

lol_wut.jpg

what part have you trouble with and maybe i can break it down for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

ntlbell wrote: »

where the hell did them 5 mins come from

I really don't know.
    I really need to lie down after that match. But being an Arsenal fan, I never thought it was wrapped up at 4-3. Liverpool won't score an easier goal than their fourth.

Arshavin. Brilliant.

cashback wrote: »
    I really don't know.
    I really need to lie down after that match. But being an Arsenal fan, I never thought it was wrapped up at 4-3. Liverpool won't score an easier goal than their fourth.

Arshavin. Brilliant.

nor did i once i seen that 5 mins come up i knew what was coming

Liverpool dominated this match, all off Arsenal's goals came form Liverpool mistakes. Liverpool did not get the amount of goals their performance deserved. Ban this r****d from soccer, clearly has no understanding of the game.

it's a pitty they don't give points away for domination only two teams would ever win the league

did liverpools goals not come from arsenal mistakes? LOL

dude wrong post to decide people have no understanding of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Liverpool dominated this match, all off Arsenal's goals came form Liverpool mistakes. Liverpool did not get the amount of goals their performance deserved. Ban this r****d from soccer, clearly has no understanding of the game.

So you think you make all those mistakes and deserve to win! :confused: OK.

I'm reporting this post by the way. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wow, thanks for that, will be seeing you soon :p What did Liverpool deserve then? 7, 8 goals?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Almost as fantastic as yours I might add.

Suprised at your analysis of the game. You tend to crawl out of your hole when Liverpool draw/lose and hibernate when your own team loses a few.

no idea what your talking about i'm discussing tonight's match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

and it starts

come one people behave...........................

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Liam O wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for that, will be seeing you soon :p What did Liverpool deserve then? 7, 8 goals?

No, 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Thought that myself. I'm not one for conspiracy stuff but 6 mins added time was just short of scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

nor did i once i seen that 5 mins come up i knew what was coming

Thought Liverpool scored in the 93rd minute. If we'd scored in the 94th or 95th maybe there'd be an argument. I don't think anyone would've complained about 3 minutes stoppage time so let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

tbh arsenal play that way all the time they don't believe in shutting up shop

and that attitude has to be admired

otherwise you could be watching the other two boring sides week in week out

don't believe the hype, Wenger knows well when's the time to close up. what we saw tonight was Arsenal try to close up shop, especially after those final goals. they just fail miserably at it.

but it has nothing to do with closing up shop either. it's just they lose their cool under sustained pressure, forget how to pass, forget where their other team mates are and lose their shape, over-commit themselves when closing down etc. what Arsenal needed to do was put the ball on the ground and play themselves out like they'd normally do, what they are best at. instead they lump it up to no one and make it easy for Pool to take back the initiative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

No, 6.
    Arsenal are the only team who can score 6 at anfield ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

ibtl.jpg

Calm down kids....be glad what you witnessed tonight, regardless of what team you support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

fantastic match just a pitty again a ref ruins another game

i think liverpool can count themselves very very lucky

arsenal sublime in front of goal cool calm and collective but a shambles at the back

liverpool just a shambles and completely bottled it in the first half

Liverpool lucky in that game. Ha, f*cking ha.

Your posts get worse and worse

Thought Liverpool scored in the 93rd minute. If we'd scored in the 94th or 95th maybe there'd be an argument. I don't think anyone would've complained about 3 minutes stoppage time so let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill here.

Why are people giving out about the amount of injury time? To be fair we get plenty at OT!

/to self

don't rise to the bait...

so tempting...

• Advertisement

No, 6.
    :rolleyes: Big teams dominate games every week and fail to win. I think there was a game earlier in the season where United had 18 shots and their opponents had 1 and the match ended 1-0. I could be wrong though. Anyway point is, you can dominate as much as you want but if the ball doesn't hit the back of the net it doesn't matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ruling perfectly good goals offside?

You talking about Bendtners "goal"?

If you are, much as I wish it was onside, you have to admit he was off.

that doesn't hold water i'm afraid

how you play injury time will be directly impacted on the amount of it

nonsense.

adox wrote: »
    You talking about Bendtners "goal"?

If you are, much as I wish it was onside, you have to admit he was off.

got a decent quality replay? my grainy stream suggested he was level as it was played...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

In before the lock woop woop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

realcam wrote: »
    Thought that myself. I'm not one for conspiracy stuff but 6 mins added time was just short of scandalous.
    liverpool scored during the added time so there had to be extra time added for that.

Great game but pity the pool had to give away three presents to arsenal. Hate when players fanny about with the ball around there own 18 yard box :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

what part have you trouble with and maybe i can break it down for you?

lol ntl, I've met you in real life a couple of times and found you to be good craic and reasonable at the poker table. So don't take the following as a personal attack, it isn't as I'm smart enough to differentiate between posts and the poster. And the online persona that is the poster and the real person behind it.

HOWEVER

You need never try to 'break it down' for me when the matter being broken down is one of your (ntlbell) posts on the soccer forum. Your posts demonstrate a flair for selective reasoning, confirmation basis and a joy in riling up the opposition. Plus, the frequency with which these posts are delivered runs in parallel to the fortunes of Manchester Utd FC (when they run well, you post in high volume and vice versa).

So no, you don't need to 'break it down' for me. The post is adequately amusing as it is, and needs no addition to further it's comedic value. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you had put money on 4 - 4 before kickoff you would be terrible at gambling. ;)

A friend of my brother won a fortune on it.
    A7X wrote: »
    In before the lock woop woop :)

It's a shame, this thread was pretty damn good until 10 minutes after the final whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

got a decent quality replay? my grainy stream suggested he was level as it was played...

Does the rule not say if any part of the body which he can score with is ahead of play?

In which case his head was, but id be of the opinion decisions like that should be onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Headshot wrote: »
    and it starts

come one people behave...........................

While I admire your intentions, shame you won't call up a certain United supporter who's posts are single handedly responsible for this thread being on the verge of being a free for all..

It is one thing having a controversial opinion or disagreeing with someone and arguing your point but ntlbell's posts on this thread are completely off the radar.

If the United fans on this forum were willing to call him up for being the complete wind up merchant that he is and didn't seem to go along with his nonsense, you might see considerably less misbehaving. He is the worst of a bad lot and maybe if something was done about him, opposition supports might be willing to do shut up their own supporters who cause hassle here. Just an idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

wow. What a game.

I thought Liverpool were much better in the first half. Arsenal better in the second.

Im happy out thought, draw suits United just fine. Roll on Pompey.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Ah lads - please don't ruin what is likely to be the discussion of the game of the season. Celebrate some fantastic, clinical finishing and some desperate, way ward defending.

Excellent match - Torres was awesome, but Arshavin - if I could have 4 touches of the ball in a match, please let it be those four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I just got unbanned.

And what a time to come back. Well done Arsenal, Theo Walcott is a smashing player. Arshavin couldnt have been more clinical. What a game. Arsenal deserved winners if only for their calmness in front of goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

liverpool scored during the added time so there had to be extra time added for that.

Great game but pity the pool had to give away three presents to arsenal. Hate when players fanny about with the ball around there own 18 yard box :|

Since when is scoring a goal an interruption that calls for extra added time? And 5 minutes was ridiculous to begin with. I'm saying that as a neutral.

Goals on both sides were down to shocking defending. Wenger mustn't have had any options on the bench, two guys back there should have come off at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I wish I'd watched the match so I could comment. Sounded brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Dave! wrote: »
    This forum doesn't rely on vigilantism :rolleyes:

Arsenal do..............

Arshavin's 2nd goal was fantastic, then again all of them were pretty good. Torres' header was perfectly placed and his 2nd was well taken even though Fabianski should've kept it out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Without a doubt, the most undesreved draw in the history of football. Even Aston Villa played better than Arsenal at Anfield. In no way did Arsenal even deserve a draw from this game. Anyone who claims this was a fair result should be brought off by the retard police for being, infact, a retard. Liverpool are superior to Arsenal in every aspect, bar a stadium.
    I feel bad for saying this because the other Liverpool fans on here have been good about it (as was the lovely old fella who was sitting beside me in the pub), but ha ha. Sorry for spoiling your first title challenge in yonks. I'm sure it won't hurt that much watching your most bitter rivals (well, second for some) match your league title haul. Maybe next year.

... anyway I'm off to the Arsenal thread to moan. That was embarrassing. Bar Shavva. Love you man.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Thought it was a fantastic game to watch, Arshavins finishing tonight was clinical and Torres's movement and speed was equally a joy to watch. Possibly the game would have been tighter with Gerrard and Arsenals defence not so depleted but it made for a great game.

lol ntl, I've met you in real life a couple of times and found you to be good craic and reasonable at the poker table. So don't take the following as a personal attack, it isn't as I'm smart enough to differentiate between posts and the poster. And the online persona that is the poster and the real person behind it.

HOWEVER

You need never try to 'break it down' for me when the matter being broken down is one of your (ntlbell) posts on the soccer forum. Your posts demonstrate a flair for selective reasoning, confirmation basis and a joy in riling up the opposition. Plus, the frequency with which these posts are delivered runs in parallel to the fortunes of Manchester Utd FC (when they run well, you post in high volume and vice versa).

So no, you don't need to 'break it down' for me. The post is adequately amusing as it is, and needs no addition to further it's comedic value. :)

come off it, the pool could of been 4/5-0 up after 25 minutes they bottled it.

you got extremely lucky 6 mins injury time how many times has that happened in the last 10 years when there was NOT ONE injury?

arsenal had a few chances and stuck them away at will and IMO had a perfectly good goal ruled offside

lucky lyod is right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

A7X wrote: »
    I wish I'd watched the match so I could comment. Sounded brilliant.

It was.Like hearing your missus had the orgasm of her life but knowing you weren't there when it happened.

• Advertisement

lucky lyod is right ;)

The amount of people who fail to realise that makes me weep for humanity tbh

Jesus ****ing Christ on a Bike!

it takes two to tango. you take the bait? you're every bit at fault.

now can we shut the **** up with the **** stirring and go back to talking about what was probably the most entertaining game of the season?

I stopped doing that a long long time ago.. Unfortunately, others who don't have reason to know better, fall for it and the thread spirals out of control.

If someone is talking ****e and is supported by his fello supporters, he will keep talking ****e. If he is told to shut the **** up and told that he is wrong, he will will tone it down a notch.

Tis perfectly reasonable.
    Dave! wrote: »
    Get a f*cking grip and stop with your partisan sh*te

If he's a serial 'rule-breaker', bring it to the attention of the mods and they'll ban him

This forum doesn't rely on vigilantism :rolleyes:

He was awarded the **** stirrer of the year award. It is quite easy to cause havoc on this forum without breaking any rules. As such, bringing it to the attention of the mods is absolutely pointless.

Anyway, I wasn't really looking for a long drawn out discussion. Was just giving headshot something to consider in response to his post looking for people to be well behaved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Come on Crouchy-make this result a good un tomorrow!

realcam wrote: »
    Since when is scoring a goal an interruption that calls for extra added time? And 5 minutes was ridiculous to begin with. I'm saying that as a neutral.

Just an fyi, I think 30 seconds time added on is meant to be added for every goal scored and substitution made in any given half. I think there was 7 goals and 4 substitutions in the second haf.

Also, the time held up by the 4th official is only a guideline and the referee can allow play to continue for longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

come off it, the pool could of been 4/5-0 up after 25 minutes they bottled it.

you got extremely lucky 6 mins injury time how many times has that happened in the last 10 years when there was NOT ONE injury?

arsenal had a few chances and stuck them away at will and IMO had a perfectly good goal ruled offside

lucky lyod is right ;)

Off the top of my head, it's hard to say but the last i remember is the five or so minutes at the Utd Villa game, you know, when Macheda scored?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally Posted by jamsieboy86
    Without a doubt, the most undesreved draw in the history of football. Even Aston Villa played better than Arsenal at Anfield. In no way did Arsenal even deserve a draw from this game. Anyone who claims this was a fair result should be brought off by the retard police for being, infact, a retard. Liverpool are superior to Arsenal in every aspect, bar a stadium.

Dont worry there is always next year...:pac: Ha!
    You forgot in insert "bar American owners" too!:D

monkey9 wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, it's hard to say but the last i remember is the five or so minutes at the Utd Villa game, you know, when Macheda scored?

He scored in the 93rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The ignore button, whats the story with that?

Unfortunately the ignore button doesn't stop you from seeing the posts of ntlbell, because inevitably he will be quoted and thus, you will see his ever objective posts.

Individual mistakes cost us tonight. Masch for the first, Arbeloa for the second, Carra for the third and for the fourth Rafa threw way to many forward, it was an easy counter for Arsenal. I think due to our sheer stupidity at the back there can be no complaints about this result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr. Frost wrote: »
    He scored in the 93rd.

So did Yossi

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Where are all the Arsenal fans gone. Oh thats right, they fcuked off when the troll cavalry arrived.

Advertisement