Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Arsenal Sky Sports 1 8:00 Tuesday 21st

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fecks sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

exellent play yes yes yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

C0CK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mascherano, Mascherano. :(

Completely against the run of play. Suspicion of offside aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

cock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

nice ...........................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

C'mon L'Arse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Great goal for Arsenal, terrible from Mascherano,

great composure in the box, after being very quiet wouldn't you know it would be Arshavin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

The russian scored.Was Faabrugrus not off side???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fabianski has been superb.

Yossi forces a good save from Fabianski. Oh dear. How we are losing this game is slightly beyond me. One of those nights it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

slick goal for arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

plenty of goals left yet in this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Im not angry. Thats the 1 I predicted for Arsenal.

Just so long as Pool get the two..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Suspicion of offside aswell.

bout time Arsenal got some luck against the pool. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's been coming. The atmosphere has been weird, very tetchy, And that suits Arsenal cos they have nothing to lose here really. They can just express themselves and enjoy the occasion.

Don't think Fabregas was offside, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Is Fabianski gonna put in one of those crazy Polish performances of stubborness??!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fabianski is on fire.
    Come on the Arsenal!

terrible from Mascherano
    yes
    Great goal for Arsenal
    no

manster wrote: »
    plenty of goals left yet in this

For Arsenal perhaps. ;)

ferdi wrote: »
    yes

no

And why was it not?

Great Composure by both Nasri and Fabregas, who was not offside,

and the finish was good, i would call it a great goal considering the circumstances

• Advertisement

ss did the line thing and he wasnt off side

dead on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Great goal with some typical Arsenal build-up play.

I still can't see us keeping a clean sheet

monkey9 wrote: »
    That's been coming. The atmosphere has been weird, very tetchy, And that suits Arsenal cos they have nothing to lose here really. They can just express themselves and enjoy the occasion.

Don't think Fabregas was offside, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Is Fabianski gonna put in one of those crazy Polish performances of stubborness??!!

You must be watching a different game to me. All I saw was Liverpool dominating possession and the flow of the game, and creating chances. With the crowd behind them. :confused:

Yossi is so clever in and around the box.

And why was it not?

Great Composure by both Nasri and Fabregas, who was not offside,

and the finish was good, i would call it a great goal considering the circumstances
    once masch lost he ball you knew it was going in, uninspiring goal thats all.

Fabianski looks well dodgy,looks to be only a good shot stopper

Torres kicking the ball into his face. If he doesn't kick that habit his modelling career is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yossi taking Arsenal on on his own at the moment. Torres and especially Kuyt have been very quiet for the past half hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Arsenals defence looks dodgy to be honest, I'd be pleasantly surprised to find Arsenal keep a clean sheet in this. I do however expect the game to become more open in the second half, especially after Mascherano is subbed off.

Headshot wrote: »

Reminds me of Gomes a little bit. He can be good at times yet extremely dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Arsenal need half-time ASAP.

ferdi wrote: »
    once masch lost he ball you knew it was going in, uninspiring goal thats all.
    There was a lot to do once Mascherano lost the ball, have a look at it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The second half will be Pools. Ive a feeling they will come back with serious heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You must be watching a different game to me. All I saw was Liverpool dominating possession and the flow of the game, and creating chances. With the crowd behind them. :confused:
    guess I'm watching I a different game too, looks to me like Liverpool are playing hoofball for the most part, with Arsenal passing brilliantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well its not been dull, Liverpool are the better team except in one respect. :(

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Arsenal need half-time ASAP.

and its here

cant believe that half finished 1-0 to arsenal

**** sake. This is like playing Champo 3 and you go in at half time a goal down only to check the stats and see that you've battered them and they scored from their only shot on target. Sick.

Great football and tons of chances created. Can't complain as a fan. Just hope that one of them goes in during the second 45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Quickest half of football I've ever seen. Where did that 45 minutes go? I though there was only about 30 mins gone.

Dave! wrote: »
    guess I'm watching I a different game too, looks to me like Liverpool are playing hoofball for the most part, with Arsenal passing brilliantly.

l_cf051e9f1c8af2100169ad76214d2e1b.jpg

That's a very bad post sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I wud love if Arsenal hold out but I do think Pool will win this, Fabianski is very dodgy looking last 5 mins of first half was kamikaze defending from Arse.

Wenger should go for a more defensive approach and hold onto this lead......... and pigs will fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Benny was absolutely terrific that half. Babel on for Kuyt soon for me. Arsenal look very uncomfortable at the back.
    We were easily the better side but that means f*ck all at the end of the day. We need to be clinical.

Come on Liverpool.

There was a lot to do once Mascherano lost the ball, have a look at it again.

You called it a great goal. A great goal is one you talk about at the office watercooler tomorrow and possibly tell your grandkids about in years to come. That was not one of those goals. It was a competent goal resulting from a bad defensive mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Headshot wrote: »

He is young and has the natural ability. The rest will come with experience and age
    Abigayle wrote: »
    The second half will be Pools. Ive a feeling they will come back with serious heat.

Nice ninja edit but 4-4-1 ia only 9 outfield ;)

that keeper having a great game, a man possessed tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Fabiasnki has been excellent, the defence doesn't look dodgy to me, but with Liverpool dominating posession I wouldn't be surprised if they get one in. It's hard not to slip up when they have the ball as much as they have in the first half. Still, I'm pretty sure we've more goals to claim too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

**** sake. This is like playing Champo 3 and you go in at half time a goal down only to check the stats and see that you've battered them and they scored from their only shot on target. Sick.

Great football and tons of chances created. Can't complain as a fan. Just hope that one of them goes in during the second 45.
    Don't think Liverpool were that dominant in the first half. Can only remember them cutting through Arsenals defence once really. Most of their shots have been from outside the box with Fabianski saving pretty comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wenger should go for a more defensive approach and hold onto this lead......... and pigs will fly.

We all saw what happened against Chelsea...

Ray Kennedy out on the pitch getting a serious ovation from both sets of fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Gerrard saying its offside

Is his injury eye related?

• Advertisement
Advertisement