Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Portsmouth 8:00 Wednesday 22nd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

13 - 0

Berba getting 10 and 3 assists. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Boggles wrote: »
    13 - 0

Berba getting 10 and 3 assists. :pac:

AH no its Berbatov you are talking about.

13 - 0

Berba getting 3 and 10 assists. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd like to see

VDS
    --Rafael----Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra--
    Anderson
    Carrick
    --Ronaldo
    Rooney
    Nani--
    Berbatov

But I suspect we'll see Fletcher in, as Anderson must be wrecked by now, and we'll need him fit for the Arsenal game.

We need to be very attackin in this game, put the game to bed early, and get some rhythem back.

Also I think Brown should be brought on if we're home clear at any point, we need him to get some game time asap.

PHB wrote: »
    Also I think Brown should be brought on if we're home clear at any point, we need him to get some game time asap.

Can't see Brown coming into the first team until at least the weekend. An hour with the reserves on Monday and then any time tonight could be too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Can't see Brown coming into the first team until at least the weekend. An hour with the reserves on Monday and then any time tonight could be too much.

Anyone but O'Shea at right back. Notice how Ronaldo has been playing on the left more since O'Shea's been playing at right back? Ronaldo needs some support on the wing and O'Shea's not great at getting forward, he can't cross either. Utd's full backs have always been really important in attack also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Surely United have to win. Ferguson made 8 changes I think it was on Sunday to rest some key players for tomorrows match. I really hope United perform tomorrow because I need them to beat Pompey for us.

First time in a long time I'll be cheering on United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Good thing it's 2moro then. ;)

A7X wrote: »
    Good thing it's 2moro then. ;)

true. However I was thinking tomorrow and a two day gap between games, just didn't type it.

Still too much.

true. However I was thinking tomorrow and a two day gap between games, just didn't type it.

Still too much.

Aye. But I don't think say being brought on at the end for a bit would be too much damage too him if he managed to play an hour with the reserves.

He'll be alright. Just would be nice for him to be sured back into the defence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think the fact that this match is at Old Trafford tilts things in Utd's favour a fair bit. As against that Portsmouth are in decent enough form and if they were at home I think it would be a much tighter affair. Portsmouth will have seen Utd's recent form and they will surely feel they will be able to give Utd as much of a game as Sunderland.

Portsmouth's form in their last eight games has been WDLDWDDW - Only one loss in their last eight and that was 1-0 against Chelsea, which shows that they will probably make Utd work hard for the victory and would lead me to think it will be a tight game.

Also I wonder what odds for Crouch or Pennant to have an impact on affairs? :) Perhaps they can inspire Portsmouth like Danny Murphy did for Fulham? ;)

A7X wrote: »
    Aye. But I don't think say being brought on at the end for a bit would be too much damage too him if he managed to play an hour with the reserves.

He'll be alright. Just would be nice for him to be sured back into the defence.

I agree that Brown could be a massive boost to our defense and squad for the run in, but he has been out for pretty much the year and has a horrible record with injuries. I think the club has to be extra careful with him otherwise he will be gone for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

United 3-1 for this game I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Cant disagree with the above. I think utd will be far too strong for pompey. And given the profromance by the young lads against Everton it wont matter what team he puts out.

Im hoping the defence is sured up again and we dont concede a goal at all.

Lets hope Vida and Rio are back on top again.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Am I the only one who thinks Evans could start tonight? Not risk Rio, he's only back from injury and has played alot already. I think we should be fairly fired up after the result last night. I'm going 2/3-0.

Berba, Rooney, Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Am I the only one who thinks Evans could start tonight? Not risk Rio, he's only back from injury and has played alot already. I think we should be fairly fired up after the result last night. I'm going 2/3-0.

Berba, Rooney, Ronaldo.

I hope you are :pac: We need to keep the CB pairing together as much as possible in the run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No chance evans will start

have to keep rio and vidic together

Berba, Rooney, Ronaldo.

Hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Its great having Rio back and more important the partnership with Vidic , There are no small or ease games left this season so we cannot afford to put Rio in cotton wool so to speak, We need Rio and all the other big names on the pitch as much as possible over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

I agree but it's not beyond possiblity. Rio had 120 minutes on Sunday. I would have prefered if he was eased back rather tha nthrowing him in, especially considering this back injury seems to keep recurring.

I hope it's Rio/Vida partnership. Just think Evans might be surprisingly called upon. Hope not though.

• Advertisement

think its fate for scholes to score tonight ,pp have him at 5-1 to score time. iv backed him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Headshot wrote: »
    think its fate for scholes to score tonight ,pp have him at 5-1 to score time. iv backed him

He scored in his 500th appearance didn't he? The Liverpool match :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm going to go for a 4-4 draw. O' Shea (2), Park (2), Crouch (3) Pennent (1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

any suggestions wot pubs would be showing this in dublin city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

yabadabado wrote: »

I got the same but about Galway city! I think there is none! There is one in Loughrea, but that is too far out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

the woolshed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ntlbell wrote: »
    the woolshed
    cheers looks like thats where ill be headin unless there is any other suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cheers looks like thats where ill be headin unless there is any other suggestions

They'll also show the chelsea match so if ye get in early and get a good seat ye'll be between both

tis like watching tennis

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

tvu://21501/ (need TVU Player installed)
    sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/74719 (Need Sopcast installed)

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch1.html
    http://atdhe.net/6488/watch-manchester-united-vs-portsmouth
    http://www.rojadirecta.com/justin/cl2009/brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Any team news yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

After last night's disaster I shall be staying up for this one, but God help this thread if it finished 0-0 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Van der Sar, Neville, Evra, Vidic, Evans, Anderson, Giggs, Scholes, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Rooney.

good and bad news

ando plays and no berba

bad news Rio is out--evans in

****ing unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

1907: Pompey team: James, Johnson, Distin, Campbell, Hreidarsson, Davis, Mullins, Hughes, Belhadj, Nugent, Crouch

1905: United team to play Pompey: Van der Sar, Neville, Evra, Vidic, Evans, Anderson, Giggs, Scholes, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Rooney.

Not really happy with that united side - Evans coming back in just as Rio and Vidic were giving us defensive solidity again, and then Neville on top of it....aaaarrrrgh. Only one proper forward in the line up too. For a game we really need to win, and hopefully improve the GD it is disappointing.

vds
    nev----evans
    vidic----evra
    fletch----scholes----ando---Ronaldo
    giggs
    Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Subs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Could be.......

VDS
    Neville ---- Evans
    Vida
    Evra
    Scholes --- Giggs
    -Fletcher
    Anderson

Ronaldo---- Rooney

Id be worried about Evans against Crouch

and im proper shocked that berba is on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Dissapointed with the team atm, probably prove me wrong though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Not too pleased with that team tbh. Giggs AND Scholes? :S:S Also noBerba is disappointing. Would have stuck Nani on the wing aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Defence is weak with Evans and Neville. Is Rio injured ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah that team is not my cup of tea either.

I can't remember Scholes and Anderson partnership ever producing a good game.

Rio such a big loss to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Subs: Kuszczak, Berbatov, Carrick, Nani, R Da Silva, O'Shea, Tevez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

I reckon Ronaldo's up front with Rooney, probably playing just behind him. If that's the case I defo fancy Rooney to score.

Delighted with Anderson-son-son! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

a222.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Could be a five-man midfield either with Ronaldo on the right and Giggs on the left. It might even be Rooney on the left, but I certainly hope not.

I don't like the look of this team either tbh

redout wrote: »
    Defence is weak with Evans and Neville. Is Rio injured ?

must have picked up a injury or somthing

other wise that move doesnt make sense one bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Neville is a big liability at the moment. Thought Rafael was quite good last time out. Pity to see Neville and Evans in there. I reckon Crouch will score at least 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Decent bench, let's hope we don't need it.

Surgery for Rio in the summer, sort out that dodgy back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement