Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Build Mortgage

Options
  • 20-04-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,

just wondering if anyone out there recently started building their own house. Myself and my fiancee are about to start the process of applying for a mortgage for our self-build. She has been given a "gift" of the site by her parents and has secured planning permission. She is the registered owner of the site.

We don't have a whole lot of savings and I'm curious to find out what loan-to-values the banks are offering at the moment in situations where the site fully owned by one of the mortgage applicants? We hope to apply for a joint mortgage. I had a mortgage before so I am not first time buyer.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Best of luck OP with your self build. We are only after moving into our new house, which we self built.

We took out a mortgage for €200,000, got a valuation for the site which was valued at the time at €90,000 (like your situation it was transferred to my OH) for a five bedroom house, which even in todays market is worth between 330-350K. AT the time we applied for the mortgage the house valued at completion would of been worth 425K.

Advertisement