Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do ye's pay for livery these days?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mack2

At last ive found a yard in the carlow area - for €100 for both horse and pony they are at full livery - feed, turnout, muckout, groom, exercise etc.... all ready for my daughter and i to ride at the weekend....full use of outdoor arena, 50+ acres to ride on with xc fences, brill hacking.......this price will go up to €150 oct-march for same.......its a small yard but great!!
    Thanks to all who replied re my search for a yard!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pheobsx

I'm currently at a yard <snip> in laragh. maynooth. its a small-ish yard but the atmosphere is lovely and they've an excellent cross-country and jumping paddock. they also have permission to use land near-by including forrestry areas and large acres of fields. not only that but theres a dreaasge area nd an outdoor areana. for all of this the livery charge is as follows..................
    1. keeping your horse out in a large field with mixed horses/ponies in the summer is €45/wk
    2. during the winter its around €50-60 out in the field as the get hayledge daily.
    3. in a stable is about €90. this is all diy!

Mod edit: Please PM pheobsx for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

I'm paying €285 per month - full livery
    where is that? We are thinking of getting a horse, but ahvent a clue about stable fees or what is involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Usually i keep my pony in a rented field for about 100 a month.

But now, I'm keeping her in stables, and paying 80euro a week(ex farrier, vet etc). She is fed, mucked out, everything. And the people there all help out eachother and are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lenaw98

Meath near Kells. 50e a week DIY including hay. Everything else I pay for and I do my horses myself. Have outdoor arena and about 30 acres of paddocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

I'm currently paying euro110 a week for full livery, daily turn out, massive outdoor arena, horse walker, 50 acres of paddocks, close to the beach and forestry in Wicklow. Couldn't compliment the place and the staff enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 princess_sara

usethewhip wrote: »
    There's livery yard in North dublin that has 2 arena's incl. a indoor. They do lessons, clinics and shows. E115 per week and grass E50. They have grass livery and turnout all year round. They also loan / share horses.. photos :cool:on their website

Hoping to bring to bring my chap there at the end of the month.. PM me if you want their name and number....

Can you pm me their details. I wonder do they do DIY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 princess_sara

Does anyone know where I might get livery for under €100 per week on the North side of Dublin - pref near Swords? Don't mind if it's DIY, full or grass livery as long as there is somewhere to ride. I've tried the usual riding schools but they are too dear for me. Turn out is a must. Any help would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I have a small paddock in cork, with two standard stables.
    The paddock would comfortable graze two horses.

How much would would people these days be willing to pay for renting stables. These stables are right next door to my house. So i would be prepared to carry out mucking out, turning out, grooming, feeding duties.

By the end of next year I will have two qualifications in Animal care & Animal Mangement (Incl. Equine Care) I also intend in putting in a decent sized shed to act as tack and feed room.

There is a farmer 1/4 of a mile up the road with her own personal facilities, outdoor arena and walker. Which I'm sure I could negotiate into a deal. There is also a riding school approx half an hour by hack.

How much would you think I should ask for this service? I am not out to rip anyone off....More than likely I will be unemployed after college and this might be the start of a future enterprise.

two stables €40 a head + feeding? Would that be too saucy?
    If someone wanted the facility solely for one horse €55 + feeding?

I have given the current tennent a years notice. That also gives me time to make any repairs to the facility. Its been used as a foaling paddock for last few years. Stables would need a bit of TLC to pretty them up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭paddi22

im 90 per week for full livery near swords.. great yard, lovely YO, turnout, hay 3 times a day, good hacking, cross country course, fibresand floodlit outdoor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bullylover

im 80e a week, well 120e cos iv two! 80 euro for first one and 2nd one is half price:P
    I have full use of a 70x 30 sillica sand and fiber outdoor, and 2 indoors 60 x 20 and 20 x 25. 4 horse walker, 365 acres for treking and xc!
    My horses are turned out everyday summer and winter.
    Huge stables, individual tackrooms and a great tea room!!:D
    Whats great is no hidden charges everything is down and icl in the 80e only thing i pay extra for is farrier,vet etc
    my lessons are 10e! and they are hosting shows now so its brilliant:)
    Yard is just outside Drogheda by the way!!:D

Advertisement