Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDR for C&C

• 20-04-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Inspired by Calina's "abandoned boats":

C&C welcome!3460477250_a5ab861328_o.jpg3460476882_103a65d93a_o.jpg

another angle3460476046_b611f7d483_o.jpg3460475840_40d98eb482_o.jpg

one more
    3459659895_4d1c959c07_o.jpg
    3459659731_6dbb72bc38_o.jpg

Pictures taken on Shannon estuary, near Kildysart/Clare

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

b/w look IR, niceeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

wow really cool shots!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Its good to see you didn't go too over the top with your HDR processing to end up making the pics look almost fake.

Some pretty cool pics! Its very easy to overdo things with HDR, what i like to see is usually an accurate representation of what the eye can see and you did a decent job at it... so well done!

Saying that i really love the last two black and white ones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

I love the last one in B&W, gorgeous shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Love the last shot -really nice!!

Just noticed a Mondeo, possibily a Bora in the background - make it disappear and its perfect - its not distracting thought - but spotted it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Thanks for all the comments. Might go back there next week, and take a couple of shots in evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Love the B/W conversions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

While the B/W conversions are nice, I have to say I absolutely LOVE the colours and contrast in shots 2 & 3, the rust, green algae, water and sky give a lovely colour range. Especially 3 (if only that car was out of the shot lol). Beautiful.

Nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

(if only that car was out of the shot lol). Beautiful.

Nice work.

Thanks! But you are so right about the car, and would you believe it, I never noticed the car......stupid wide angle lens......stupid Citroen:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Not a fan of the colour ones.... but the B&W conversions are excellent!! The last one really looks IR, great shot.

You've inspired me to give it a go! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Number 5 & 6 are my favourites, love the processing. Lose the car and see if you can get full reflection of boat in. Nicely done

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Wow, really like the 1st one I have to say. I'm not a fan of HDR in a lot of cases, but the understatement of the first one makes it look ... real, I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Really like the last one.

Advertisement