Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying jeans in galway

Options
  • 20-04-2009 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I went shopping for a pair of jeans today. It was a nightmare. Couldn't find a pair. Where in galway sells wrangler or levis for women? Ryans used to but i couldn't find any in there. Is there anywhere else around galway? There seems to be loads of shops for men but not women.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Please. I'm a guy and can't for the life of me find a decent pair of jeans, let alone black jeans. I'll find a ****ing leprachaun before I find a good pair of black jeans.
    This town is atrocious when it comes to clothes shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Sandor wrote: »
    Please. I'm a guy and can't for the life of me find a decent pair of jeans, let alone black jeans. I'll find a ****ing leprachaun before I find a good pair of black jeans.
    This town is atrocious when it comes to clothes shopping.

I agree with you there.

for lads, john deelys for jeans.. it's the only place in galway i like for clothes so i end up never buying clothes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GalwayGirl1983

I think that shop beside Zhivago in the Eyre Sq centre (sorry can't remember name) sells levis and wrangler for women..otherwise BTs isn't bad for jeans and Identity..I like Ms Selfridge jeans but depends what kind of fit u want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Dunnes had some perfectly good ones for €9 a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Personally, I'm hoping the jeans I bought in Montreal before moving over hold out until I visit Boston/Montreal in the fall. They're getting ragged though :(

I find the reasonably priced jeans here are made out of something that can hardly be classified as denim, and cut horribly... and frankly I just can't afford what they want for levi's here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I think Geraghtys down by St Nicholas' still have a ladies section.

Origin opposite River Deep is worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Debenhams (in the Corib Shopping Centre, Eyre Street) sell Levi's and Wrangler for guys so I guess thee is a good chance they sell them for ladies too.

I buy all my jeans in Hanleys. I find diesel and boss to be the best fitting jeans by far for me and Hanleys always have a good selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Xiney wrote: »
    I find the reasonably priced jeans here are made out of something that can hardly be classified as denim, and cut horribly... and frankly I just can't afford what they want for levi's here.

eh... the Denim you buy here tends to be of a higher quality than the stuff you get across the water (think it's down to them using heavier denim as we've a colder climate?). Anytime i've bought 'reasonably priced' in the states the denim doesn't hold half as long as what you buy here.

dunno anything about the cut though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

+1 for Origin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

eh... the Denim you buy here tends to be of a higher quality than the stuff you get across the water (think it's down to them using heavier denim as we've a colder climate?). Anytime i've bought 'reasonably priced' in the states the denim doesn't hold half as long as what you buy here.

dunno anything about the cut though...

I've actually never bought jeans in the states so I don't really know. I assumed Canadian denim and American denim would be similar. I could, of course, be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've had exactly the opposite experience: jeans from home lasted longer than ones from here. (Admittedly possibly because I bought cheaper ones here.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chinapples

MattKid wrote: »
    +1 for Origin
    Super-expensive though......I bought a jacket recently for 70euro which was great....went in about 2weeks later and the jacket had gone up to 110 euro! What is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Did ya not see the label saying 'As worn by chinapples'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

lisajane wrote: »
    I went shopping for a pair of jeans today. It was a nightmare. Couldn't find a pair. Where in galway sells wrangler or levis for women? Ryans used to but i couldn't find any in there. Is there anywhere else around galway? There seems to be loads of shops for men but not women.

Try Debenhams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Try Debenhams

I tried that place also cause i knew there was a men's section but there wasn't any for the women. Unless if they hid the section?

Advertisement