Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street Fighter 4 360 Pad Button Config ??

• 20-04-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'd be interested to know which way people have their button layouts setup.
    Because the 360 pad is so restrictive I've been playing without the use of LP and LK, i've since come to realise these are quite essential

For convenience i;ve had Both RB and LB set to the 3xK and 3xP so i could quickly pull off ultras, with the back triggers as throw and focus.

Anyone any suggestions ? .....i'd lose the 3xP only it seems a lot more difficult to pull off an ultra by pressing 3 buttons

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

I have a fightpad and left it just the way it was. it works out great but even when im using the xbox pad i think setting are fine.
    I got street fighter on the playstation 3 as well and the controller is really bad i rather the xbox controller ten times better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Throw and focus should be easy to press using two face buttons. I'd use LB and RB for HP and HK, and the triggers for PPP and KKK.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have the pad set up on Type B which looks like...

PPP (LT)
    KKK (RT)
    HP (LB)
    HK (RP)

MP

LP
    MK

LK

Works perfectly for me.

Yeah, that's what I was suggesting, seems like the sensible option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

do you think some people are easier to use on the 360 controller.
    I will use the 360 controller if i plan to use abel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have the pad set up on Type B which looks like...

PPP (LT)
    KKK (RT)
    HP (LB)
    HK (RP)

MP

LP
    MK

LK

Works perfectly for me.

The old SNES config :)
    Its the one i was goin wiht at the start

do you think some people are easier to use on the 360 controller.
    I will use the 360 controller if i plan to use abel.

personally: no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Use default myself, I don't use the KKK or PPP at all, always press three buttons together. I do whiff the ultras sometimes but I reckon this is more from not getting the movement right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Hey this is now in stock for someone looking for a stick - only deliver to mainland UK and NI, if you know anyone!!

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Hey this is now in stock for someone looking for a stick - only deliver to mainland UK and NI, if you know anyone!!

Link

Also available on Amazon who I believe now deliver to Ireland!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catz-Street-Fighter-Arcade-FightStick/dp/B001M22VCU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I use what I did on the Snes, apart from the PPP, and KKK parts.

MK (LB) MP (RB)
    PPP (LT) KKK (RT)

LP HP
    LK HK

That seems very awkward considering you frequently need to hit MP+MK, ROC, and you almost never need to hit HP + HK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    That seems very awkward considering you frequently need to hit MP+MK, ROC, and you almost never need to hit HP + HK...

When I grew up playing SF2 on the SNES I love RYU. So that button set up was great for dragon punches, also handy when you had a button mashing player like Honda, Blanka or Chun li.
    I haven't spent enough time on SF4 yet. Played it for a week, then got busy at work. So I'm still working my way through all the diffrerent fighters. So maybe I'll tweak that at somestage. May switch the medium kick with the light kick.

Best button config I guess is buy an aracde stick! lol

Advertisement