Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M.A.D. Ball 2009

• 20-04-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

poster.jpg

Wednesday 29th April
    Tickets Available in College Street from Wednesday 22nd April
    Fancy Dress Not Optional
    €10 in advance or €15 on the door

All Proceeds to Art / Design Degree Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A whole campus full of graphic designers and that's the best they could come up with? I'm disappointed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

AdMMM wrote: »
    A whole campus full of graphic designers and that's the best they could come up with? I'm disappointed :(

A campus full of lazy graphic designers :D

So where would I go in College St if I wanted to get one of these tickets? It's unexplored territory as far as I'm concerned and I'm probably better off buying one as I'm not finished work until 11 that night. Although in all seriousness, what kind of student is out by 10pm???

Tickets are just about sold out, all 233 of them, this is promising to be an awesome night !

Just want to say a HUGE thanks to Allan Cavanagh for kindly supplying the illustration !

AdMMM, if your still looking for tickets, pop into the 4th Year Design Mac Room in the Humanities building (formally the Nurses building) and look for Paddy. I'll be there after 2 p.m. tomorrow, or you can e-mail me at paddy@pmcgphotos.com :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lazy graphic designers until there offered cash ;)

But overall, student services/balls always come up with ****e posters. The one here is pretty decent compared to others. Plus ye did a better advertising campaign. Not sure if Cowen & Co. would have appreciated it if spotted tho :p

• Advertisement

Just back from this and it was some craic. I went as The Cadburys Gorilla so it was pointless for me to drink anything because it just sweat it out within seconds. Get good DJ's next year. After the band finished, it was simply a glorified drugs test and the only people who were dancing to the "noise on steroids" were those who were off their faces!

Oh and cheers Paddy for the ticket :)

Wasn't impressed with the last DJ to be honest, but sure, different strokes for different folks. Could take nothing away from the other two DJs and the band though, absolutely superb !

Photos online now !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paddymcgrath/sets/72157617429169915/

Advertisement