Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gift for friend/her child

• 20-04-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

She's due in a few months and I want to get her something good because I've known her since primary school. The only thing is I'm completely broke, I don't have a job and I am finding it hard to save anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

You could buy Johnson & Johnson products, one or two a week & make up a hamper for her, it's something she will use.
    Or you could get a picture of her scans, have them copied, take a picture of her with an obvious bump & get a picture of her & the baby afterwards so you can make up an album for her to continue on with as the baby gets older, it will be something they can all look back on in years to come.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Can you knit or crochet?

If you could make her some blankets they would be a fantastic present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ya know what actually might be better, if you have the time...
    Help her out after the baby is born. Go up to her for an hour or two a day and just let her get time to have a shower or rest while you mind the baby.

Or make her some simple dinners that she can freeze and reheat in micro or oven. It will save her worrying about having to cook while looking after a baby. And it's cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Ya know what actually might be better, if you have the time...
    Help her out after the baby is born. Go up to her for an hour or two a day and just let her get time to have a shower or rest while you mind the baby.

Or make her some simple dinners that she can freeze and reheat in micro or oven. It will save her worrying about having to cook while looking after a baby. And it's cheap!

Actually that's probably the best present ever! I know from friends that giving time to chat/ mind the baby/ help them shop/ cook a dinner is often the things that is most appreciated.
    No matter what clothes or toys you buy they will eventually be outgrown but Mummys sanity is something that can't be bought in shops.
    Best idea by far, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Actually that's probably the best present ever! I know from friends that giving time to chat/ mind the baby/ help them shop/ cook a dinner is often the things that is most appreciated.
    No matter what clothes or toys you buy they will eventually be outgrown but Mummys sanity is something that can't be bought in shops.
    Best idea by far, well done.

Well I know that when I was pregnant, someone doing that for me would have been great, especially since I had a c section and was out of sorts for a while after! Thankfully I had my partner, but he wasn't getting in until after six pm sometimes and that's a long day with a newborn baby! My sister came over the first day after I gave birth, but that was it really!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

An uncle of my OH's came to visit soon after our little lad was born laden with meals in tupperwear ready for the freezer. It was by far the best gift we received - I dont mean to sound ungrateful to our other relatives & friends as they were very generous, but the dinners were fantastic.

In turn I have done the same for friends & relatives & they've all said the same thing.

Advertisement