Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Handicaps

Options
  • 20-04-2009 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi guys, don't usually bet on the old rugby but with the munster v leinster match coming up I think I might have a go could someone please explain to me how handicap betting for the draw works ?? Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I've taken these odds from Paddypower (no affiliation).
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_sports_level1&category=SPORTS&ev_class_id=12

For the outright match they go 3/10 Munster, 5/2 Leinster, 20/1 draw.
    These odds are the basic 'who wins the match' odds.

They then have handicap betting.
    10/11 Munster -7, 10/11 Leinster +7, 20/1 Draw.
    So for Munster to win this bet they must win by 8 points or more.
    For Leinster to win, they must either win the game, draw the game, or lose by 6 points or less.
    For the handicap draw to be the winner, Munster must win by exactly 7 points.

You can also pick your own handicap, e.g, Munster -25 is 8/1 with the draw (effectively Munster to win by exactly 25 points) at 50/1.

Alternatively you can also pick a winning margin if you fancy a particular range (e.g, Munster to win by between 1 point and 5 points is 9/2).

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I have been using PaddyPower.com myself for a couple of months now (rugby mainly) and I am still ahead and would have been more so were it not for incorrectly placing a bet after a night in the pub. However, the Munster/Leinster HC semi is the 'Big One' - time to throw the kitchen sink at it and give up online betting if I fail. I have set the handicap at Munster to win by 16 points which gives me odds of 5/2 - in my heart I think/hope the margin will be even in bigger but there is gambling and gambling so I am erring on the side of caution. You should have a look in at the rugby boards before making a final decision. A rumour floating about is that Brian O'Driscoll may not be fit to play and, well, that could be decisive but is it true? :)

C'MON MUNSTER!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

I have been using PaddyPower.com myself for a couple of months now (rugby mainly) and I am still ahead and would have been more so were it not for incorrectly placing a bet after a night in the pub. However, the Munster/Leinster HC semi is the 'Big One' - time to throw the kitchen sink at it and give up online betting if I fail. I have set the handicap at Munster to win by 16 points which gives me odds of 5/2 - in my heart I think/hope the margin will be even in bigger but there is gambling and gambling so I am erring on the side of caution. You should have a look in at the rugby boards before making a final decision. A rumour floating about is that Brian O'Driscoll may not be fit to play and, well, that could be decisive but is it true? :)

C'MON MUNSTER!

Stay away from the Betfair board for the rugby........plenty of dubious team news/info updated on there on occasions.....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

-7 @ 10/11 is free money if Contepomi starts at OH

Advertisement